The Hall of the Musicians

I have only 110 or so... but it grows at a rate of about 2-3 a month (not much compared to some I know).

I keep everything in these standing tower things. I keep them in the jewel cases because I'm obsessive about keeping my CDs perfect and I'm worried putting them in cd wallets will scratch them (even just a tiny bit)

It's pretty insane how much these collections I'm seeing are worth, if you think about it. Each CD's probably an average of $14 or so (probably more if a lot are imports/rare), so for say Carcass' collection, that's $16,800!

I've got a shelving unit that holds about 6-700 cds and it's been full for some time, I have to keep culling the lesser releases into a crate in my spare room. I've also got a wallet that holds another 260 or so, I'm not a huge fan of wallets though, they scratch your cds.

I may seem an nuisance to some people, but I love performing the task of re-filing my cd collection when I buy new cd's.

I may seem an nuisance to some people, but I love performing the task of re-filing my cd collection when I buy new cd's.

I used to do this every time I bought new CDs, but I gave up on that, and now usually do it semi-annually while the newer CDs pile up in various areas of (what little space there is in) my room.

I have like 3-4000 CDs, but probably close to half are burns (which means slimline cases, which take up like half the space. Also, quite a few are in promo sleeves). They all are in three of the biggest cases Target or whatever sells, and for old times sake in the first CD case I ever got: a little wood 96 holder from like '88, and stacked all over my goddamn living room. The whole enterprise is getting pretty fucking ridiculous, frankly, but selling off your CDs and going digital is tantamount to selling out to The Man.

Oh, maybe a sixth of my CDs are strictly speaking "metal".

I have been using cd wallets but i am thinking of putting them all back in their jewel cases because the disks get fucked up some how. The ones still is jewel cases are pristine but the ones sitting in the wallets get little scratches as shit.

As for me, I have around 250 CDs; all my non-metal stuff is stored on either side of my desk (which has a perfect space for such things) but in no real order other than by artist, and my metal collection (as I have only about 59 metal CDs) take up two 30-capacity plastic holders that make it nice and aesthetic. I also have about 40 burned CDs that I keep in two jackets.

I have been using cd wallets but i am thinking of putting them all back in their jewel cases because the disks get fucked up some how. The ones still is jewel cases are pristine but the ones sitting in the wallets get little scratches as shit.

Yeah cd wallets collect dust & grit so they'll always end up scratching your cds. They're best used for burns.

I probably have a bit over 100 albums. I recently filled up a wire tower, and the rest are just in a pile. I was keeping the CDs in a binder, but that filled as well, so I just started leaving them in the cases. Having an mp3 player largely eliminates the need to have burned CDs. It also makes it unlikely that I will pull something out of the rack unless I want to look up lyrics. I have about 10 LPs that I would alternately display on a shelf.

I've got about 300 or so CDs, some of it is ripped for the iPod.

I've decided when we move house that I will store them off the bookshelves, but i def dont want to sell them or anything.