The Hall of the Musicians

I got around 225-250 cd's. They are stored and organized alphabetically on a built-in wooden shelf to the side of the room... there is only a little room left now so I may have to utilize cd towers now as well.

And I use cd jackets for burned cd's only (either music burned from the original or from the computer). I don't like to play original cd's at all.

Grit can get in your jewel case too you anal beotch.

Yeah but the whole point of jewel cases is that the cd sits suspended, the only part that touches anything is the middle, and therefore the playing surface doesn't get scratched. With cd wallets you have to slide the cd into a narrow pocket, if any grit is in there it will scratch the playing surface of the cd. Having the booklet in there as well actually makes it worse because it's then a tighter fit.

But hey what do I know I'm just being anal.

I agree. I have been using wallets for a while but I am not going to any more. They have been bad for me. Lots of little scratches from the grit adds up over time. Jewel cases are the way to go.

Do you guys organize you r cd's in any particular order or system? I do mine alphabetically by the band then chronologically starting with the bands earliest release.

I have two white bookshelves, that I got for free, in my tiny room. I'll have them both filled up with cds by the end of the year(300+). Once I can't put in anymore cds I'm going to buy a metal rack system.

I have my entire collection in high quality mp3 on my pc, so I have no need to organize the cds. It's going to take a while, but i'm going to save up for a decent audio system and enjoy my collection the way it was meant to be. I'll organize them when that happens.

My friends laughed at me when they saw I had them all organized. I don't know whats so funny though.

edit:spelling error

Yeah but the whole point of jewel cases is that the cd sits suspended, the only part that touches anything is the middle, and therefore the playing surface doesn't get scratched. With cd wallets you have to slide the cd into a narrow pocket, if any grit is in there it will scratch the playing surface of the cd. Having the booklet in there as well actually makes it worse because it's then a tighter fit.

But hey what do I know I'm just being anal.

You clearly missed my point, but okay.

I used to have some towers, but they fell down a couple of times and that destroyed like 10 cases each time, so I got rid of them ;)
now I have some kind of shelves where I put them into...around 300 CDs.

I actually like the idea of putting them all into wallets to save space... but you guys scare me with that scratching stories

I do alphabetically by band then chronologically by release newest to oldest.

I do alphabetically by band then chronologically too, but definetly in order of oldest release to newest... arrengements have always gone left to right, top to bottom.

I have 2 60 cd stack rectangle shelves... i only own 90 cds so it's not too hard for me to re-arrange it for new ones... you bastards with heaps of cds must feel the pain of re-arrangement for you own more then me and that is not cool...

Cd wallets scratch the fuck out of your cds so they can fuck off, and also when i listen to a "real" cd i like having the whole package there so you can look over the cover, see what year it was released in and such, see the artwork, flick through the book ect.

And to who ever said the thread title isn't suited, i agree with you. I thought this was going to be about stating your favourite musicians or something, or some shit magazines hall of metal musicians with jimmy hendrix at number 1 and Kirk hammet at number five.