The Hall of the Musicians

One time in the middle of the night I tripped and fell right into my cd shelf and smashed a bunch of jewel cases. The sharp edges cut me up and shit. I was so surprised and pissed off when it happened because i was half asleep and it was dark, I cannot stop laughing thinking about it now though :lol:

I disagree. In my mind I imagine a newer year being above an older year.

Yet you visit Metal Archives all the time which lists bands' discographies oldest to newest in descending order. Also, you order them left to right. Most timelines go left to right.

But if that's your way, keep it as you wish. Just be aware that it may confuse some people.

My CD collection is completely and utterly mixed up. I use only jewel cases in towers to store them but I'm always too lazy to bother putting a CD I listened to back in the correct jewel case. It's a real pain to find a specific one I want to play now...

Here's one for the DIY fans among you :)

I built my own cabinet to store my 500+ CDs in a compact way

It's about 2-3 feet high x 1 foot wide x 1.5 foot deep
4 drawers, each divided into 3 channels
CDs stacked with spines facing out. Because there are no plastic rungs like in most shop CD cabinets, I can fit probably twice the amount of CDs into the same space. At the back of each drawer, I have pieces of foam which force all CDs forward. So when you take one album out, all the others automatically slide forward. It's then easy to slide the CD back in the same spot afterward.

Here's one for the DIY fans among you :)

I built my own cabinet to store my 500+ CDs in a compact way

It's about 2-3 feet high x 1 foot wide x 1.5 foot deep
4 drawers, each divided into 3 channels
CDs stacked with spines facing out. Because there are no plastic rungs like in most shop CD cabinets, I can fit probably twice the amount of CDs into the same space. At the back of each drawer, I have pieces of foam which force all CDs forward. So when you take one album out, all the others automatically slide forward. It's then easy to slide the CD back in the same spot afterward.

Pic? Sounds sweet, which I was able to build stuff like that on my own.