The haunting melodies of Anathema

Originally posted by speakinstone
reminds me of a third story, i can't remember where this happened, but i know the guy in a main role.. :lol: this hero was at some festival and again this is comin to a 'bajamaja'-thing.. so he was in the booth and someone pushed it down and it rolled down the hill..yes, he was in it all the time. you can imagine the results..?! :ill:

And that reminds me of Ilosaari 2001. We had a group of maybe 20 people at our tents and one of the guys was really pissed, went to 'bajamaja' for a dump and couple of guys had the great idea of pushing the toilet upside down. Well the guy came out covered in shit etc :yuk: , remembered the lake nearby, jumped in there and got bitten by a snake :lol: :lol: That didn't go too well for that guy :lol:

Originally posted by Eos
The one man is a racist and an obvious one!!!! The stuff he wrote on the official (!!) site about the band split!! I mean even his mother is/was (however) in the jail because she possessed some racistic propaganda stuff :mad:

i'll just agree with what dying swan said below. it's music. you may not agree with the person's views (i dont either), but that shouldnt stop you from listening to it, or even like it. i hope i made myself clear. so if one shouldnt listen to varg, he should also not read hitler's meine kampf (was that the name?)

personally speaking, im quite a religious person but im also a huge black metal fan.

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
And that reminds me of Ilosaari 2001. We had a group of maybe 20 people at our tents and one of the guys was really pissed, went to 'bajamaja' for a dump and couple of guys had the great idea of pushing the toilet upside down. Well the guy came out covered in shit etc :yuk: , remembered the lake nearby, jumped in there and got bitten by a snake :lol: :lol: That didn't go too well for that guy :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

saw sth like that at Jack Ass, was a bit disgusting, though the guy did it with pleasure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Don Corleone
i'll just agree with what dying swan said below. it's music. you may not agree with the person's views (i dont either), but that shouldnt stop you from listening to it, or even like it. i hope i made myself clear. so if one shouldnt listen to varg, he should also not read hitler's meine kampf (was that the name?)

personally speaking, im quite a religious person but im also a huge black metal fan.

I don´t care if a musician is an ashole, if he/she sees himself/herself above of all the rest of the world or whatever.. but there are things I DO NOT accept in ANY human beeing!!! And racism is definitelly one of those things. I don´t even want to be in the same room as one of those scums. I´m not into politics at all but this has nothing to do with that. It´s something that I feel like beeing agains persons as I am (btw I´m from the eastern Europe and we all know what racist think of us...). And I take that personally! I mean those people hate before they even spoke one word with the person beside them just by thinking that they know the kind of him/her! I have such a loathing of such people that I can´t explain it with words!! And I would never ever give such people my money! I wouldn´t even download that music from the internet because it would make me feel that I support them. I´m not saying that if you like Burzum you´re one of his kind!!! Not at all! It´s up to you to decide what you will support and what you won´t. But I must admit that I really have a problem with people who turn away from some facts. Especially if those facts concern themselves too.

Originally posted by Eos
I don´t care if a musician is an ashole, if he/she sees himself/herself above of all the rest of the world or whatever.. but there are things I DO NOT accept in ANY human beeing!!! And racism is definitelly one of those things. I don´t even want to be in the same room as one of those scums. I´m not into politics at all but this has nothing to do with that. It´s something that I feel like beeing agains persons as I am (btw I´m from the eastern Europe and we all know what racist think of us...). And I take that personally! I mean those people hate before they even spoke one word with the person beside them just by thinking that they know the kind of him/her! I have such a loathing of such people that I can´t explain it with words!! And I would never ever give such people my money! I wouldn´t even download that music from the internet because it would make me feel that I support them. I´m not saying that if you like Burzum you´re one of his kind!!! Not at all! It´s up to you to decide what you will support and what you won´t. But I must admit that I really have a problem with people who turn away from some facts. Especially if those facts concern themselves too.

Well said, but that's also sth one has to be careful about. In the Netherlands and England we got insulted as being 'fucking Nazis' just because we're German, e.g. when I was in the Netherlands with my class. And this happens here as well sometimes. So as long as people judge individuals by their passport/ancestors, this shit will never diminish. Any kind of discrimination sucks. I don't like assholes, no matter what country they're from.

I understand that it's not easy to accept people, even more if they have racist/fascist ideas. But this is music. Burzum made some really interesting stuff some years ago that I think gave strength to the black metal genre.... I also believe that Vikernes is a scum but some of the music he made was definitely worth listening to...

could john lennon have written 'angelica'? 'wings of god'?

could boor-zoom have written 'angelica'? 'wings of god'?

does 'release' sound like an exercise, like a by-the-book anathema?

nevermind. you just know this band is unique, that is when you see their style 'know-how', know the limited number of guitar chords they use, know the song arrangements - know their songs by heart - and they still sound as living music to you, not as a memory of something.

(ah well, just left to cut and rearrange the 2 a.m. sentences above to make them useful - back to lurking :) )

Originally posted by sol83
I understand that it's not easy to accept people, even more if they have racist/fascist ideas. But this is music. Burzum made some really interesting stuff some years ago that I think gave strength to the black metal genre.... I also believe that Vikernes is a scum but some of the music he made was definitely worth listening to...

yeh, and especially in the black metal -genre i think one shouldn't take too seriously everything those guys say.. anybody remembers glen benton? (from deicide) he told a few yrs ago he's gonna kill himself before comin to a dirty thirty..is that imbessil still alive..?? not that i'd be interested, but anyway..:lol: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Eos

we all make choices. and here is yours. and you are absolutely right in your decision.

Originally posted by D Mullholand
could john lennon have written 'angelica'? 'wings of god'?

could boor-zoom have written 'angelica'? 'wings of god'?

does 'release' sound like an exercise, like a by-the-book anathema?

nevermind. you just know this band is unique, that is when you see their style 'know-how', know the limited number of guitar chords they use, know the song arrangements - know their songs by heart - and they still sound as living music to you, not as a memory of something.

(ah well, just left to cut and rearrange the 2 a.m. sentences above to make them useful - back to lurking :) )

hey you were away for a while. where've you been?

Originally posted by speakinstone
yeh, and especially in the black metal -genre i think one shouldn't take too seriously everything those guys say.. anybody remembers glen benton? (from deicide) he told a few yrs ago he's gonna kill himself before comin to a dirty thirty..is that imbessil still alive..?? not that i'd be interested, but anyway..:lol: :rolleyes:

i do think he's alive. God, i hate that band. *ugh*

and yes, most if not ALL of the black metal stuff should NOT be taken seriously, though they are really fun to read.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
hey you were away for a while. where've you been?
always here, kind of, just didn't post. nothing useful to say, maybe.

bee.gif