The Iced Earth thread

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
I've noticed a lot of different views on this band. A lot of people love them (like me), some people like them, but not to the point where they listen to them non-stop, some don't really care, and then others just don't like them. Anyways, Night of the Stormrider is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. Burnt Offerings is just a bit behind it.

Burnt Offerings has 4 good songs.

Enter The Realm/ S/t is fun to laugh at.

Stormrider is boring and gay.

Everything else is utterly fucking lame. The intellectual musings of a neo-con, insecure, fantasy fapping weekend warrior.

EDIT: Yeah, Owens is a great singer. Needs good band. That other guy sounds like Michael McDonald.

The problem with Owens is that he was in bands at times where the songwriting was mediocre to poor. I feel sorry for him because everyone thinks he sucks, but he definitely doesn't. I saw IE with Ripper on vox and he fucking slayed.

EDIT: Burnt Offerings has more than four good songs, btw. Try eight songs

I'm a fan of most of their discography. And personally, Owens was just as fucking good as Barlow. The guy has got a searing voice.
Yeah, Owens is pretty good. I've said this before though, that I prefer Greely over all. Maybe it's just part of my fanboyism of Night of the Stormrider. But I even prefer the original songs than the Barlow versions of NoTSR

I wish Randy Shawver didn't leave. He was an excellent guitar player, and him and Jon worked good together.

I'm seeing them on Oct. 22nd (with Into Eternity!!!!). But yeah, I love Iced Earth, I love Barlow and Ripper, and am excited as hell for the new album.

Yeah, NoTSR has a different sound than the other ones. But then again, it seems like they all have a different sound.

I've liked them since the s/t came out. Got it on a blind buy. Woo cassettes! Anyway, my favorites are Burnt Offerings and NotSR. I liked Owens but he wasn't meant for IE's sound. I saw them twice with Barlow and once with Ripper and thought Ripper was better live.

I was really impressed with Framing Armageddon, Ripper did a great job. We'll see how part 2 with Barlow turns out, I like both singers a lot.

Stormrider blows. I thought something wicked was solid. the first thing I really enjoyed from them was Alive In Athens, though.

I can listen to them for small amounts at a time.

but they just get monotonous to me after a while.

Spill your blood (blood)
Offer me good omen
Make the sacrifice (fice),
the hours close at haaaaaaaaand

Burn your soul (soul)
Offer me good omen
Take your very life,
this I commaaaaaaaand

To me, Iced Earth belong in the category of "bands I should enjoy but simply can't for some godforsaken reason" along with Tool, Symphony X, Opeth... The category of bands that play my kind of music, and are popular, but just won't click no matter how much I try.

Spill your blood (blood)
Offer me good omen
Make the sacrifice (fice),
the hours close at haaaaaaaaand

Burn your soul (soul)
Offer me good omen
Take your very life,
this I commaaaaaaaand

THE LONELY MAIDEN STANDSSSSSSSS
BOUND TO THE OBELISKKKKKK
AS SHE TUGS AND PULL
AND TRIES TO TWIST