The Indy scene

blackeyed said:
If you're being genuine: just say you like Refused and The International Noise Conspiracy and leave it at that.
If you're being sarcastic: theres no need to take the piss you cocky little prick. There loads of bands that are 'in' on the metal scene that people always go on about in here and I haven't a fucking clue who they are, so just......just....nob-off ok. If you carry on with this 'in' kiddie punk (even though i dont listen to punk) crap, you'll be forever labelled as a shithead in my books and then there'll be no chance of a shag, so leave it out :yell:

POPP.gif

blackeyed said:
ah you're probably just feeling old or summert, maybe its how young i am that makes you cranky....we're a bad match flower.
maybe you should cut your losses and find an older bird.

you cranky bitch!

POPP.gif

Indy, comes from Indipendent. And i dont see any band independent from the music network. You could count them with the fingers of one hand.
http://www.underhillrcs.com/

This is a spanish record label, sorry just in spanish. You could call this indie, but everybody just want a big contract with good money.
But there is sometimes radio stations like radio 3 in spain, that plays good music not just the same shit.

antimatter is the only band i know haha...talking about independent music eh?

alternative used to be independent but now it's mainstream. but bands of that genre/style are still called indie rock and that. strange eh?

i've even heard anathema being called indie rock a few times.

Allan said:
What do you think of it? I've been thinking lately that it's too independent to accept anything that doesn't come with a big fat INDEPENDENT sticker on it, and thinking that's sort of funny.
http://garish.at/ - independent/ alternative (whatever...) pop rock from Austria without big fat independent sticker or any other labelling.
There's a video of their latest single "Später Ist Egal" linked on the opening page. You may like it, Allan.

blackeyed said:
why exactly is the smiley representing you chinning the smiley representing me in the head?

Was that a courting ritual in the olden days?

relax its just a smiley ffs!

Strangelight said:
what does this mean?
Strangelight said:
aye a rib who worked his arse off for your lots favourite magic name
ah i should have known better

it was a remark about antimatter's initial problems to step out of anathema's shadow. in interviews everyone only saw your musical background, not allowing a completely fresh start, a label put ex-bass player-stickers on saviour and so on. i think since the release of your second album things have begun to change, people/the media finally realized that antimatter should be regarded as something new (and independent)

but calm down and put me on your magic name blacklist if you like