The Iron Maidens back in the studio!

Metallicat180 said:
And I third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc etc that motion!!!!! Signed copies from the store would be AWESOME!!
ok! perhaps there will be some compiled vid available on dvd as well....here's some pics i took of the equipment we used. wes the engineer told me the old laney that jojo used on a couple tracks was owned by randy rhoads. they had all kinds of kewl vintage stuff to play with :)
laney%20wandaz%20rack.jpg

sara%20amp%20flange.jpg

park.jpg

MiniMurray said:
ok! perhaps there will be some compiled vid available on dvd as well....here's some pics i took of the equipment we used. wes the engineer told me the old laney that jojo used on a couple tracks was owned by randy rhoads. they had all kinds of kewl vintage stuff to play with :)
Oh does that mean a yes???? I hope so!!! A dvd would also be very very cool, I'd love to have one of them! Ooh, I'm getting so excited now!

That is some very cool shit there!!! Can't believe Jojo played Randy Rhoad's guitar - how awesome is that!!!

WOW! Finished up the vocals and it was so much fun! With Linda, Sara and Mark there to support with their badass musical selves
(oops! **puts hand over mouth and :oops: ** did I say that? YES! I did!!) along with Matt our fabulous engineer with his awesome ears really helped me stay focused as I endeavored to capture a bit of the elusive spirit of the incredible vocal instrument known as Bruce Dickinson!

Personal Favorite Moment of the Day:!!WARNING!!! IF YOU ARE EATING YOU MIGHT WANT TO STOP READING NOW!! Thanks to the studio owner, Joe cuz he brought his adorable sweetheart of a pit bull to work that day . When he sat up after a nap, he started mad drooling cuz he smelled Sara's cashew chicken. When he shook his head, the drool flew from side to side in that slow mo kind of way (sorta like those hair conditioner commercials). It was so gross and so cute at the same time and just cracked us up! He was sooo sweet. Linda took pics of him. If you ask nice, I bet she'd post them!

MiniMurray said:
laney%20wandaz%20rack.jpg

sara%20amp%20flange.jpg

park.jpg
HEHEHE We are a different breed of women, drooling over gear and tech stuff instead of beefcake!! :cool:
No wonder I love this band!:headbang:

Metallicat180 said:
Oh does that mean a yes???? I hope so!!! A dvd would also be very very cool, I'd love to have one of them! Ooh, I'm getting so excited now!
YES!!!!!

Metallicat180 said:
That is some very cool shit there!!! Can't believe Jojo played Randy Rhoad's guitar - how awesome is that!!!
yeah, my line 6 stomp boxes are good at modeling but nothing like hearing the real thing. it was kewl seeing all that vintage stuff in person- i felt like i was in the company of celebrities i'd read about and heard all my life. nice to put a face to the picture hahha- and it was the RR laney amp head that was used, not a guitar- the one on the very top. that park head sounded amazing too- lol 6 knobs to my mesas 600!!!!
my name is sara and i'm a gearaholic! thanks for letting me share!

MiniMurray said:
YES!!!!!

yeah, my line 6 stomp boxes are good at modeling but nothing like hearing the real thing. it was kewl seeing all that vintage stuff in person- i felt like i was in the company of celebrities i'd read about and heard all my life. nice to put a face to the picture hahha- and it was the RR laney amp head that was used, not a guitar- the one on the very top. that park head sounded amazing too- lol 6 knobs to my mesas 600!!!!
my name is sara and i'm a gearaholic! thanks for letting me share!
That's awesome!! :headbang:

Woah, you really know your stuff!!! I'm not so up on it cos I've only got a wee 10 watt amp and that's it!!! I've been dreaming about buying all this kinda stuff if I ever win the lottery!!! First on the list would be a massive Mesa/Boogie amp and a black Gibson Les Paul!!!

Well, we got 2 mixes in the can before we headed out to Montana and our engineer, Matt Magic Ears, carried on without us while we rocked the rivers. Back in today and tomorrow and at the rate we're going, this CD will be ready in no time!! It is sounding GREAT!!!

I have to say, without the determined "We will never surrender" spirit of Linda, Wanda, Sara and JoJo, this CD would never be seeing the light of day. THEY are the reason I am so proud to call myself an Iron Maiden. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

As we near completion of this labor of love, I am already beginning to reflect a little on the amazing experience it has been in the short time I've been a part of it. (Though we still have a little more time to enjoy this creative process! :headbang: )

There's something magical in the air at Silvercloud Recording Studios. The vibe is just incredible there. Knowing this was the place where Bruce recorded his solo work was completely inspiring!! (No pressure or anything! :loco: Ya, right! :worship: )

Whenever I got a bit exhausted mentally, I would renew myself by looking at Balls To Picasso, Chemical Wedding, and Accident Of Birth hanging on the walls and it helped me, when I got back into the booth, to dig a little deeper.

Air Raid Siren said:
As we near completion of this labor of love, I am already beginning to reflect a little on the amazing experience it has been in the short time I've been a part of it. (Though we still have a little more time to enjoy this creative process! :headbang: )

There's something magical in the air at Silvercloud Recording Studios. The vibe is just incredible there. Knowing this was the place where Bruce recorded his solo work was completely inspiring!! (No pressure or anything! :loco: Ya, right! :worship: )

Whenever I got a bit exhausted mentally, I would renew myself by looking at Balls To Picasso, Chemical Wedding, and Accident Of Birth hanging on the walls and it helped me, when I got back into the booth, to dig a little deeper.
Wow!!! Bruce himself recorded there!!! Awesome stuff, and what an inspiration!!

Btw, totally off topic but am I the only person who prefers Accident Of Birth to Chemical Wedding???? Everyone I ask seems to prefer CW!

Metallicat180 said:

Btw, totally off topic but am I the only person who prefers Accident Of Birth to Chemical Wedding???? Everyone I ask seems to prefer CW!
Don't you find your faves change depending on what's going on with you, and how the songs are speaking to your life at that moment? I do and it makes it impossible for me to say I like one or the other better! Cuz I might change my mind tomorrow!!!!o_O

Metallicat180 said:

I agree with Aja, that my faves change depending on my moods/circumstances but as far as the Bruce CD's it's gotta be Skunkworks! Kidding... actually I find myself playing Accident far more than Wedding. I just like the groove more.

Holy smoke!!!! We were haunted in the studio tonight! Some wierd stuff!!! There is a resident ghost living there at Silver Cloud who we had some experiences with last November when we were recording our tracks. (I saw him duck away behind my drum kit from the sound board and then had to go back into the tracking room to do more tracks! Eeek!) Anyway, we were kicking back in the hallway waiting for a final mix to be done when the door of the main room slammed shut. Problem was, the door was already shut to begin with so that means the ghost opened and then slammed the door shut! This is a big heavy ass door that takes strength to open and automatically closes on it's own! (This happened last Nov. also.) So Aja and I ran into the room to see if we could find ourselves a ghost in there when Mark and Sara come rushing into the studio with a pale shade to their faces. Moments after the studio door slammed shut, Sara was coming back in from having a smoke outside. While Sara was coming in with her hand on the door knob trying to close the door behind her, something started pulling the door back open resisting her efforts. She kinda got spooked cuz something was not letting her pull the door shut behind her so she let go and Mark and Sara both watched the door swing back and forth several inches a couple times and then slam shut and there was NO wind outside! (This door is not a self-closing door either. It needs to be pulled hard to shut) It was a very strange experience indeed!!!!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Holy smoke!!!! We were haunted in the studio tonight! Some wierd stuff!!! There is a resident ghost living there at Silver Cloud who we had some experiences with last November when we were recording our tracks. (I saw him duck away behind my drum kit from the sound board and then had to go back into the tracking room to do more tracks! Eeek!) Anyway, we were kicking back in the hallway waiting for a final mix to be done when the door of the main room slammed shut. Problem was, the door was already shut to begin with so that means the ghost opened and then slammed the door shut! This is a big heavy ass door that takes strength to open and automatically closes on it's own! (This happened last Nov. also.) So Aja and I ran into the room to see if we could find ourselves a ghost in there when Mark and Sara come rushing into the studio with a pale shade to their faces. Moments after the studio door slammed shut, Sara was coming back in from having a smoke outside. While Sara was coming in with her hand on the door knob trying to close the door behind her, something started pulling the door back open resisting her efforts. She kinda got spooked cuz something was not letting her pull the door shut behind her so she let go and Mark and Sara both watched the door swing back and forth several inches a couple times and then slam shut and there was NO wind outside! (This door is not a self-closing door either. It needs to be pulled hard to shut) It was a very strange experience indeed!!!!

Thats creepy, time to call Ghostbusters!

It WAS kinda creepy! I've always been fascinated by the paranormal (I had a major addiction to the Han Holzer books- the original ghostbuster, imo! - as a kid) and the IDEA of ghosts made sense to me, but I've never had an experience like this firsthand. I'm just glad it was a friendly ghost!!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Woah!!! Spooky stuff!! The paranormal facinates me but if I ever had any experiences I think I would die of fright!!! Needless to say if that was me in that studio I would have been outta there!!!