The Kilted Fellow

jonrpatrick

Sep 19, 2004
Okay, Friday night outsite the venue there was a dude in a Utilikilt. I intended to talk with him when I got back with food, but he'd gone.

First, it takes balls to wear a kilt, esp. to a metal festival, but I am a huge fan of Utilikilt, as is my buddy who attends with me.

If this fellow is on the forums, perhaps the *men* can arrange a "kilt night".

JP

Yeah thats my dad (Hoyt "Rider of Theli"), and actually its a take off on utilikilt. My aunt made it for him because the utilikilts are too damn expensive. He is off to PA for the week but he'll be back and Im sure he'll be happy to see there was some appreciation.

And as for guy's kilt night he did say that since the girl's were wearing the corsets (sp?) that he was gonna wear a kilt. I'll have one next year too.

I loved the kilt too and made a point of telling him so. He really pulled it off well. I think corset night should also be kilt night!

I need to get one, Hey Hoyt maybe your aunt can make me one??? and i would wear it too.

Thanks for the reply guys! Kilts are still awful rare in the south, so it was cool to see one down there.
And if it was a knock off... well, I didn't spend anytime staring at the dude, but it looked like a good quality product. The front six buttons are what gave it away, so it's a great knockoff!!

Here's a pic of Hoyt in all his kilted glory!

pat_gg_hoyt.jpg

Hoyt!!!! He is the best!
I saw the kilt and was like, only Hoyt would have the balls to do
that... i liked the shoulder things that patrik wore too.

a word of advice... when wearing a knockoff of a utilikilt, make sure pockets are sewn into it. :erk: LOL - my sister-in-law finished the kilt for me literally hours before Friday night's show. Then I had to go buy boots to wear with it. So by the time I got to the venue and changed into the kilt, I realized my folly - no pockets. EEK!

Anyway, I appreciated all the great comments from everyone who was able to talk to me over the weekend. And I received many positive comments - many more than sideways glances or smirks. And somewhere on these forums is probably the infamous 'upskirt' shot that Bryant had a hand in. :zombie: I apologize in advance to those who get offended (or violently ill). :loco:

It's great to be back from my vacation to PA. I have a week's worth of forums to catch up on, so I'll see ya around. Don't be afraid to drop me a line. And thanks especially to ReaLM, AMBR, Rotting Flesh, and the incomparable MetalRose for your wonderful comments. *hugs* I love you all!

~Hoyt!