THE KNOWING - RERELEASE DETAILS

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
http://www.theendrecords.com/releases/novembers-doom-the-knowing

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 23RD, 2010

fdcdab7b883db46c6461d37dc1d99b74_XL.jpg

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the release of "The Knowing," The End Records is re-issuing this long out of print album which is one of the most sought after in the Novembers Doom collection. We wanted to make the reissue something special, so we decided to completely re-mix and re-master it in order to enhance the overall sound. Being able to revisit these recordings in a studio setting also allowed us to fix a few mistakes which have stood out in our ears for 10 years. Songs such as "In Faith" and "Silent Tomorrow" are now as originally intended. We realize many people are fond of the original recording and hate when bands "fix" old material, so for the fans of the original, we're including the original release as a bonus disc. It is an exact clone of the 2000 pressing, allowing you to hear both versions back to back. An expanded 24 page booklet accompanies this reissue with original photography by Tony Myles of Cage XXI, who we've worked with on the "Autumn Reflection" and "A Eulogy For the Living Lost" videos. Paul Kuhr September 2010

Details
UPC: 654436016823
LABEL: The End
FORMAT: CD
Release Date: 11/23/2010
Genre: Metal

TrackListing
The Knowing (2010) - CD1

01. Awaken
02. Harmony Divine
03. Shadows of Light
04. Intervene
05. Silent Tomorrow
06. In Faith
07. Searching the Betrayal
08. Last God
09. In Memories Past
10. The Day I Return
11. Aura Blue

The Knowing (2000) - CD2

01. Awaken
02. Harmony Divine
03. Shadows of Light
04. Intervene
05. Silent Tomorrow
06. In Faith
07. Searching the Betrayal
08. Last God
09. In Memories Past
10. The Day I Return
11. Aura Blue
12. Silent Tomorrow (dark edit)

:yow:

DUUUUUDE! You never heard The Knowing?
Hot damn are you in for a treat!!!!

Boys - How about a performance of The Knowing in its entirety to celebrate the re-release?

Well hang on let me think about that.....ok thought about it, and the answer is "no". LOL.

I'm proud of the album, I'm happy it's being re-released but it's just not one of those albums that's condusive to being performed completely live. It's fun to pull out a song from that disc now and then and perform it, but there's just no real desire to play that whole thing, we're pretty far removed from it now.

Plus we have a whole NEW cd worth of material that we're recording in two weeks, that we'll be wanting to go out and play live soon. I'm much more excited about that prospect!

But since we're doing this "Knowing" re-release, perhaps we'll pull out a rarely heard song from it to play the next time we do shows, especially if the response is good.

Ha! Yeah, the whole "play an album in its entirety" is a cool concept, but has become quite cliched these days.

This was my first ND disc, so it will always hold a special place in my collection.

Anyhow, any chance of a THE END preorder with a tshirt of that cover art?
That would be a killer shirt!

No idea about a pre-order thing, I haven't heard anything. Seeing as this is a "catalog piece" and not a brand new release, per se, they might not bother with t-shirts or anything. Paul might know something about this though, we'll see.

I'm not against the idea of someday doing an entire cd live, just not "The Knowing", lol. I dunno, never say never, but I don't see it ever happening.

After the craptastic job of the INRI t-shirt package, I think I'm done ordering shirts printed by The End.

And yes, I've never heard The Knowing. It's not exactly available from too many vendors, so this re-release is a nice way of getting the album back out there.