The Lotus Eater VS Porcelain Heart

• The Lotus Eater

Votes: 94 68.1%
  • Porcelain Heart

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 19.6%

• Total voters
TLE all the way, because it's WAY different. PH is good, but it seems a little borrowed from parts of TRTD and a riff from TGC. But don't get me wrong, it's still good. TLE just blew my mind though!! I really didn't expect that, and I leave my expectations pretty open for Opeth!:cool:

both, although i do like lotus eater and porcelain heart better at different listens. depends on what kind of mood i'm in

as with ALL opeth songs.

Only heard each song once and only the radio edit version of Porcelain Heart but... very disappointed. I hope it will grow on me but this is the worst music I ever heard from Opeth. And I thought they were a band that were just going to get better with each album :( I'm really shocked that everyone is acting like it's the best thing since sliced bread. I really hope the rest of the album is better.

first when i heard both songs, obviously i lover lotus eater, but PH really scares me as the first one opeth's song i dont like.

but now after hearing it a couple of times, it really catches me

TLE (again)
Wow! I can't get enough of this song. I honestly cannot compare this to anything else that I've heard. THIS IS PROGRESSIVE!! :OMG::OMG::OMG:

lol there is no comparison... TLE is at least ten thousand times a better song than PH. The Lotus Eater has been blowing me away for 2 days now while Porcelain Heart... i feel no desire to listen to it again.

I've actually listened to PH a couple more times and I do like it. But I must say that whenever I get a chance, I'll listen to TLE again and again. There's just so much to take in! It's definitely addictive. This album will fucking rule! Anyone disappointed in this song needs to:

1) Invest in Q-tips.
2) Listen again.
3) Stop expecting more of the same.
4) Get bent.

......any other ideas?.....

:Smokin:

I just listened to both songs! Only listening to them once untill I get the whole deal so granted I dont have the best view of these songs cause you really do need to listen to them more times to fully delve in. But on first listen i liked them a lot but they definelty have a different Opeth sound, its nice. I dont know if anyone agrees but they sound more prog to me. they are not necessarily more complicated than past opeth songs but just the sound somehow and feeling is more prog than metal. Really interesting that both songs had a lot of pauses, stop completely and goes metal then stops and gets soft. Really amazing songs and cant wait to hear them again. I do however wish that there is some brutally hard parts on this album because neither of these songs had really insane heavy parts IMO.

These songs also had a romantic vibe imo. Not like kiss and cudle with your girlfriend romantic but more like classical romantic period feeling. Anyone agree with my views?

For all the people who dont like Porcelain Heart... Is it because compared to Lotus Eater it not as good or just plain its not good? And also are you not fans of the more acoustic and simpler side of Opeth, like Damnation album?

I just listened to both songs! Only listening to them once untill I get the whole deal so granted I dont have the best view of these songs cause you really do need to listen to them more times to fully delve in. But on first listen i liked them a lot but they definelty have a different Opeth sound, its nice. I dont know if anyone agrees but they sound more prog to me. they are not necessarily more complicated than past opeth songs but just the sound somehow and feeling is more prog than metal. Really interesting that both songs had a lot of pauses, stop completely and goes metal then stops and gets soft. Really amazing songs and cant wait to hear them again. I do however wish that there is some brutally hard parts on this album because neither of these songs had really insane heavy parts IMO.

These songs also had a romantic vibe imo. Not like kiss and cudle with your girlfriend romantic but more like classical romantic period feeling. Anyone agree with my views?

Heir Apparent has some brutality. I think we got a great perspective of Watershed with 3 TOTALLY different songs. I hope every song is so different from each other that I get dizzyo_O! The metal is definitely there, and I absolutely love prog. I AM EXTREMELY PSYCHED FOR OPETH'S 9TH OBSERVATION INTO MUSICAL GENIUS!!

I'm not quite sure about the romantic sound, maybe so. But I think that the band is just maturing like no other can. I'm amazed with these songs so far, so different from each other. This is the way it should be. I can't say enough about this, yet it's hard to find the right words. Astonishment?:OMG: