The Lotus Eater

The "Nintendo" part always makes me think about a wild chase in a spooky old house, but in a funny way...
Imagine a comic scene, where you see a corridor with a lot of doors and a group of people runs hectically from one door into another, trying to escape from some ghosts...:D :loco:

Just listened, not only did it blow my head clean off, it left me with a musical erection that john holmes would have been jealous of.

Seriously, that was pure brilliance, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Just listened, not only did it blow my head clean off, it left me with a musical erection that john holmes would have been jealous of.

Seriously, that was pure brilliance, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

That seems to be the general consensus.

Fuck yeah.

+The ending. Wow. That organ imitating the previous -motherfather doomy riff... SHIT. Creepy, awesome. And if you listen closely you can hear the some screeching violins in the backround

The Lotus Eater is one the best song I've heard recently. The blast beats in the beginning with clean vocals = awesome-ness

Are you sure? That's around the time the keyboard part comes in. That part doesnt seem very SW to me. Unless you are talking about the riff at 5:15, because that kind of does remind me of Cossacks Are.

The part with the talking reminds me of Scott Walker alot. Cue comes to mind.

I was talking about the riff, maybe i made a mistake about the timing but i was pretty sure that it started at 5:50. Maybe i was tired :shrug:

+The ending. Wow. That organ imitating the previous -motherfather doomy riff... SHIT. Creepy, awesome. And if you listen closely you can hear the some screeching violins in the backround

I might be wrong, but I hear a accordion there :p Not an organ

first off i thought it was too weird, but the more you listen to it the better it gets. the production sounds very "shiny". Nice to hear some new stuff at last,

I laughed for a lot on 5:50 part it is very funny.

Anyway lets come to the song.I didnt like it much.I rarely like something after MAYH,that album is purely amazing.This song feels too disjointed,riff transitions are not clear and enjoyful as other albums.

This song is seriously addictive. I can't stop listening to it. I think I may have played it maybe eight times today, and most of the day I wasn't even home.

The song's decent, but Ghost of Perdition, The Baying of the Hounds, and everything else pre-GR is better IMHOHMOHOMO

I was deeply depressed when I heard this song. It is without doubt the worst Opeth song ever, and while that title had before still held merit, this song is just rubbish.