The Mars Volta

de-loused is my favorite album by them. everything else has yet to give me interest.

Unless you consider poor, unfocused songwriting, annoying vocals, random jamming, obtuse lyrics, and a stuck-up core ideology to be flaws.

Unless you consider poor, unfocused songwriting, annoying vocals, random jamming, obtuse lyrics, and a stuck-up core ideology to be flaws.

hit the spot.

mind you, i still like de-loused. everything else by them, bar a few songs from amputechture can fuck off

I'm listening to De-loused right now, and I'm having trouble getting past the singing. The music is pretty badass, but seriously, what the fuck is wrong with the singer? And, perhaps even more puzzling...what the fuck is wrong with the rest of the band that they would let this guy destroy what could otherwise be some pretty good music with his whiny, bitchy excuse of a voice? I'd kick his ass the second he set foot in the studio and tell him to shape up or get the fuck out.

i could do without some of Cedric's excess wailing, but i don't really care. and seriously, who cares about their dancing of all things? who honestly cares? it's something fun and entertaining as hell. it isn't near as fruity as headbanging

and peaches aren't nearly as yellow as bananas.
lmao what the helll are you on about. anyway, if you're turned off by Cedric's vocals, their style of music and free improvisation (the noise, the dissonance, the atonality, etc.), Omar's playing or style, or lol their dancing (or, in that same vein, you don't like Cedric's haircut or the shirt Omar wears on stage), etc., then you just are, and that's neat
icon14.gif

if he needed drugs to enjoy TMV, then TMV isn't worth his time

yeah, that basically applies for all music. like people who say they need to be high to appreciate pink floyd. haha.

as the nigga said, it isnt the gay dancing that turns me off, it's most of the music. the gay dancing is just icing on the gay cake.