The Megadeth forum is pathetic

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
I tried to sign in there to see what the big deal is, and Mustaine has it set up to where you can't even post anything until a moderator studies your post and verifies it. It feels like a dictatorship just being on the Megadeth forums, it's truly sad that they can't run a normal forum down there without someone crying like a baby over a bunch of unknown people's posts. I recommend Mustaine lighten up or just end the damn thing because all he wants is people to pay money to join his stupid fucking fanclub. If he truly cared about his fans he wouldn't charge people money to chat with him. The poor people deserve to talk to their idol too, but that's what he treats them like... poor bums. If anyone is the Hypochristian, it's MUSTAINE.

I used to post there a bunch and I left for a while because it got boring. I went back and trolled a bit and then left again when I was found out and I went back recently to find that they totally axed Total Anarchy subforum and went to individual post moderation. That place has become G-rated and now sucks.

The downfall started when forums members were getting banned for saying really funny shit, because they weren't liked by the moderators or when they criticized a member of Megadeth. This one guy from the forum (who I still talk to occasionally) got banned for saying that Glen Drover sucked (which he does for that type of music).

I remember whenever someone would make fun of Mike Patton or Strapping Young Lad and half the board would flame you. What a bunch of queers.

Hahahahahhaha :lol:
Got banned from the forum for laughing about Dime being killed.
I can understand someone not liking Pantera, or even Dimebag's playing, but why would you laugh at someone dying who revolutionized the genre of music you listen to?

Or are you just trying to look like a bad-ass by laughing at the death of someone you know almost everyone on this forum respects?

Dimebag revolutionarized nothing. Sorry. But it's not cool to laugh about someone dying.

Despite Pantera inspiring shitty as nu metal bands I can't see why people hate them so much.

Also how would most of you feel if I laughed at/about Chuck Schuldiner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mocking the tragic deaths of Schuldinger or Abbott is not cool IMO, no matter what the context. Hating the music is acceptable, since taste is subjective, but neither of those guys have done anything to anyone that justifies making juvenile and disgusting jokes about them. For example, I despise Avenged Sevenfold, and not once have I ever made a crack about their drummer, even though he died because of his own stupidity (as apposed to Chuck or Dime, who died through no fault of their own).

It feels like a dictatorship just being on the Megadeth forums, it's truly sad that they can't run a normal forum down there without someone crying like a baby over a bunch of unknown people's posts. I recommend Mustaine lighten up or just end the damn thing because all he wants is people to pay money to join his stupid fucking fanclub. If he truly cared about his fans he wouldn't charge people money to chat with him. The poor people deserve to talk to their idol too, but that's what he treats them like... poor bums. If anyone is the Hypochristian, it's MUSTAINE.

I agree.

Mocking the tragic deaths of Schuldinger or Abbott is not cool IMO, no matter what the context. Hating the music is acceptable, since taste is subjective, but neither of those guys have done anything to anyone that justifies making juvenile and disgusting jokes about them. For example, I despise Avenged Sevenfold, and not once have I ever made a crack about their drummer, even though he died because of his own stupidity (as apposed to Chuck or Dime, who died through no fault of their own).

Why should I care about a person I didn't know personally let alone someone I don't respect the music of? I don't have to respect someone because they are dead. A joke is a joke.