The Megadeth forum is pathetic

No musician deserves to not be able too play music on stage. If you do not like a musician/band don't give a shit about them. No one is forcing anyone to do or take interest in anything. And if someone has such a problem with a musician get a guitar and do it. It could be a motivational tool if anything if you think some musician is a piece of shit and sucks or whatever, just like some shit job,people,circumstance, or situation.

No one is going to force me what to say and not say about a musician. If I don't like a musician or their music, I'm going to express it if I so feel the need.

Also how would most of you feel if I laughed at/about Chuck Schuldiner?

I would laugh my ass off with you. Btw Mustaine is fucking retarded as hell, thats old news. As soon as he quit shooting dope the band went to shit, he needs to get back on heroin.

Why should I care about a person I didn't know personally let alone someone I don't respect the music of? I don't have to respect someone because they are dead. A joke is a joke.

I never said anything about caring about Abbott or Schuldinger (or Mustiane for that matter, even though he's still alive). Criticize the music all you want, it's your right and I respect it. However, not everything is funny as a joke. "LOL Dimebag deserved to be murdered LOL" is not funny at all. IMO, noone deserves to be murdered unless it was known that they were pedophiles/rapists/murderers. Leaving behind a legacy of what some call sub-par music does not justify homicide.

It's the internet age. Everything is acceptable as a joke now. I don't find it particularly funny either but some people do think it's amusing that a guitarist for a band they didn't like got shot and killed.

This is true. I'm all for dark humor, but for me, there has be be something funny there. I mean, as an example, Hitler was detestable man, but his persona was so ridiculous and over the top that he is perfect fodder for jokes.

It is all dark humor and nothing more, people are too sensitive to realize that. It's funny because of it's shock value.

The Megadeth forums were hella fun to troll like, 10 years ago. Back in those heady days, a particularly effective flame might get you a passive-aggressive three page email from the man himself along with your ban, usually concluded with some sort of gay-ass promise that he was gonna pray for you. What a tool.

No one is going to force me what to say and not say about a musician. If I don't like a musician or their music, I'm going to express it if I so feel the need.

On the internet, oh how big and tough of you.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be laughing at Dime in front of Phil Anselmo or Vinnie Paul. :lol:

And why was anyone signing up for the Megadeth board? Is something happening with them? Has Broderick been fired and replaced by a good guitarist?

Thread semi cleaned.

For what it's worth, they probably get a ton of trolls over there, and one method to cut down on a lot of them is to moderate the first 5, 10 whatever posts of a new user if they're going through an "influx" of trolls/bots.

Definitely helps to weed out troublemakers/spam I would imagine, but yes, for a regular user, highly annoying.

It's funny because of its shock value if you're a sub-moronic half-witted herpderper.

Cool-Dog-HEY-KIDS-DERP-1.jpg

I never said anything about caring about Abbott or Schuldinger (or Mustiane for that matter, even though he's still alive). Criticize the music all you want, it's your right and I respect it. However, not everything is funny as a joke. "LOL Dimebag deserved to be murdered LOL" is not funny at all. IMO, noone deserves to be murdered unless it was known that they were pedophiles/rapists/murderers. Leaving behind a legacy of what some call sub-par music does not justify homicide.

Who cares? If it's a well thought out joke then I'm going to think it's funny. The fact that someone I respect died isn't going to cause me to not recognize a joke as funny. Wouldn't you think it would be better to make light of a tragic situation?

Who cares? If it's a well thought out joke then I'm going to think it's funny. The fact that someone I respect died isn't going to cause me to not recognize a joke as funny. Wouldn't you think it would be better to make light of a tragic situation?

I agree with you as well.

The key there is this:

If it's a well thought out joke then I'm going to think it's funny.

Mot of these jokes in question aren't well thought out, clever, or funny at all.