The Metal Gods Cancellation

Compiled by BLABBERMOUTH:

HALFORD Manager Says A Single Person Caused Collapse Of METAL GODS Tour - May 3, 2003
HALFORD manager John Baxter has offered more details regarding the cancellation of The 2003 Metal Gods North American Tour, a multi-band package featuring HALFORD, co-headliners TESTAMENT, IMMORTAL, CARNAL FORGE, PRIMAL FEAR, PAINMUSEUM, and AMON AMARTH.

According to Baxter, "It was a single individual that caused the collapse of the tour. The individual's employer [apparently referring to the Universal Attractions booking agency—ed.] was unaware of what their employee was doing until early this week, and the matter was eventually brought to my attention on Tuesday [April 29]. I worked tirelessly with everyone to try and overcome the problems.

"All the labels and managers understood it was going to be impossible for me to overcome what had been set in motion, but I gave it all my attention with hopes of finding a solution.

"Please realize I began work on this tour last September, believing the hard core metal fans would show up if I could get it on the road. This was my baby and it became all of [the fans'] once we debuted. I can't say there isn't anyone hurt more by this news than me because I know each of [the fans is] as passionate about metal as I, or [they] wouldn't be visiting [the official HALFORD site] and attending the shows.

"I can't give a timeline as to when specifics can be released. This is now a very serious legal matter, and it will be resolved the way all legal matters are resolved — with time.

"Again, none of the bands [on the tour] were involved [in the cancellation of the tour], and none will be facing any type litigation.

"[The] bands were not arguing. There was an outstanding level of professionalism carried by all the bands, managements and labels.

"The activity [that caused the tour's cancellation] took place away from everyone's view.

"Everyone in the entourage is bitterly angry, but now realize we all have to recover and move on. Not comforting but realistic.

"Both New York shows [at B.B. King's in New York City on Friday, May 2 and Saturday, May 3] will go as planned.

"We've looked at this from dozens of angles since Tuesday afternoon. Pulling the shows was the last option.

"Rob is too angry to do anything other than give [New York] the performances of his life."

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THE SHOWS IN NEW YORK ARE STILL GOING ON?!??!??! You gotta be fucking kidding me! They might as well have kept tomorrow's Massachusetts show going...or NOT played those New York shows.

If anything, though, I suppose this confirms my suspicions that it's part of a conspiracy to keep Testament out of Massachusetts.

what the fuck has actually happened?!
i'm not going as i live over in the uk,
but it all seems extremely weird, and there hasn't even been a proper explanation of the cancellation, i'm starting to wonder whats going on...

later,
dom

i cannot belive another Testament tour has been cancelled
im so fukin pissed, i was about to buy tickets for the hollywood show, i dont know, i think fate doesnt want me to go and see testament. i had tickets to the vegas show on the tour with halford and vio-lence earlier this year, and then i get up to vegas, drove a good 12 hours to get there, and they cancel the show, i think i cried

i jsut want to know what the hell is going on

Im gonna scoop the webmistress:

HALFORD and TESTAMENT have announced plans to embark on a co-headlining U.S. tour in June/early July. The two groups will be covering many of the markets affected by the cancellation of The 2003 Metal Gods North American Tour, which was officially called off Friday (May 2) due to as-yet-undisclosed "contractual difficulties."

Says HALFORD manager John Baxter: "I've spoken at length with all bands on [The 2003 Metal Gods North American Tour]. Nearly all have commitments in June, etc., and have made their plans to return home.

"TESTAMENT's manager and I have agreed to recapture as many dates from [the cancelled The 2003 Metal Gods North American Tour] as possible. Sometime this/next week I will begin releasing confirmed West Coast tour dates, etc., for the following lineup:

HALFORD
TESTAMENT
+ Special Guest

"Depending on venue availabilities, etc., the bands will try and work through June/early July, covering as many of the formerly scheduled cities as we can. We will also look at adding some markets, which were not scheduled initially.

Well that part would be cool , at least we can still see Testament again. I just wish Halford would drop off the bill and not jinx it again. This would give Testament a longer set.

Hey, I got to see Testament in New York on Saturday and i hope they roll thru Philadelphia like planned originally. Testament was really good on Saturday and it was so good to see Chuck Billy on stage again and still kicking ass! Carnal Forge,Amon Amarth and Immortal were fucking great too! :hotjump:

Let's see, two reactions:

From the negative realm:

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck. This was going to be the big gig for me this year. Finally, Testament live after waiting over a decade. But no, denied.

I really feel bad for the euro bands that had to go through all of the bullshit of getting work visas to come over and now NOT tour.

From the positive realm:

Well, a Halford/Testament tour (did I read somewhere that this would be a "co-headlining tour?) would mean a longer set from Testament, which is goodness.

I do hope that this tour, if it happens, will cover all of the cities that are being cancelled.

Just 4 days before the Montreal show it gets Canceled.
I AM SO PISSED!!!! .
I've been waiting two years to see them again.....way to long
bawl1.gif
yell.gif

Come to MONTREAL!!!!!!!!

Please come to Montreal for the Halford/Testament/special guest tour along with all the east coast dates that got cancelled. It would be very appreciated by all the fans that didn't get to see the Metal Gods Tour. What do you guys think of Halford/Testament/In Flames or Halford/Testament/Soilwork? Sounds realistic and promising to me.

Soilwork has a new cd coming out so i think you should take Soilwork and In Flames should be forced back into the Studio and to lose the Dumb White Outfits and Ties! Soilwork deserves a chance to play their five cds worth of songs!

Yeah, where were you, Dirt??? I thought I'd hear from you...

I WAS FINALIZING MY BREAK UP AND PUSSY WHIPPISM OVER THE LAST YEAR!!

MY BAD....BUT I'LL BE A T FUTURE SHOWS.... :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: