The most famous metal person you met.

No, he should recommend that he do more albums with Bloodbath and tour with them... :kickass:

Actually I think I recommended they incorporate more strings or pianos into their music, or maybe just do that on one album. This was on the Blackwater Park tour so before they got into all the overly proggy flourishes that I think ruined Ghost Reveries. I had in mind something a bit more organic and cold sounding (more like Silhouette off Orchid) than the mellotron and fender rhodes obsession.

I met Scott Kelley of Neurosis a couple of years ago in Portland while they were touring. He was at a record shop a couple of blocks from a venue that they were palying. Pretty cool guy.

I used to work in the entertainment/music industry back in the late 80's/early 90's and met scores of musical and other "celebrities" ranging all over the place from Metallica & Guns & Roses to Kenny Rogers and The Judds:err:. Metal-wise it also runs the gamut from Lemmy, Slayer, Ozzy, Overkill, toomany to remember...and more recently at shows Belphegor, Unleashed, Averse Sefira...

Almost every 'famous' person I've encountered was honestly pretty cool and decent. Curiously one of the nicest ever was Florence Henderson - Mrs. Brady herself...I'm personally fondest of that one:heh:

I guess Hellhammer would be the most famous person. Not the most talkative guy, but respectful. Eric Rutan was pretty cool. We spoke about his Alas project. At the time, Absolute Purity had just come out, and I thought it was a fairly decent album for what it was.

I also met the Gorguts guys around 2000 or so, when they toured with Krisiun and Nile. Lemay is a great guy. The guy is quite smart, and would talk your ears off regarding music theory.

I shook hands with the members of Enslaved while they were shaking hands with more than a hundred people jumping over each other for a mere close glimpse.