The most overrated band ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMetalTyrant

CHECK OUT THESE MUSCLES!!
Jul 10, 2005
has to be Black Sabbath, I just listened to paranoid while driving and that is one of the most disappointing albums I have ever heard. Dont get me wrong i think they are ok, they have a few good songs(under 5). Other than Symptom of the Universe, Sweet Leaf, and a few others black sabbath blows

I'm waiting for everyone to come in and flame the hell out of this guy. (His sig does imply he deserves it though.) I say there's nothing wrong with not liking the "legendary, influential, classic" bands of our time, metal or otherwise. Bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Priest, Slayer are so, so hyped that's hard to go and listen to them without being disappointed.

Black Sabbath is one of the best bands ever imo. Paranoid is killer but does not compare to 'Master of Reality' or 'Black Sabbath'. Master of Reality is in my top 3 albums. I suggest checking 'master of reality' first out of those two.

The most overrated band is 'Megadeth. I believe if Dave did not have a name in the scene already due to Metallica his band would not have went anywhere. Awful band. There is no doubt in my mind megadeth got signed faster and easier because dave mustaine already being in the 'metal' scene. In a band that was blowing up huge right off.

Iron Maiden, Slayer(early) live up to any hype surrounding them. This is all just my opinion.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc. Metal? I'd go with Metallica. Real metal? Probably Black Sabbath, because what people are raving over is "Paranoid" and "Iron Man," not stuff like "The Wizard" and "Black Sabbath" which are actually good.

Iron Maiden is, IMO, the most overrated band ever. Even after listening to all their best ofs, I was never impressed by them.

I dont think Sabbath was every overrated... considering what was out at the time they first came out.. Sabbath was a scary band for that time... imagine being a peace loving pot smoking hippy listening to Turn, Turn , Turn... then putting on Sabbath's first album and listening to the song Black Sabbath... to say they were overrated is because you are comparing them to modern metal and not metal at the time (1968-1975 or so) .... Paranoid is a great album... only someone who only listens to current metal and nothing else wouldn't appreciate the album for what it was back then.. and finds shortcomings because the playing isn't as technical as music is today... but anyways listen to Sabbath from the first album to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath for ozzy era..

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc. Metal? I'd go with Metallica. Real metal? Probably Black Sabbath, because what people are raving over is "Paranoid" and "Iron Man," not stuff like "The Wizard" and "Black Sabbath" which are actually good.

Fuck off the Sabbath haters. Might as well hand in your balls and go sing along with Justin Timberlake.

The answer to the thread title is undoubtedly Slayer.

Fuck off the Sabbath haters.

I'm not a Sabbath hater by any means, and I forgot that this was "most overrated band ever" not "somewhat overrated bands". Anyway, I just think they are idolized for the wrong songs. By people who think "Crazy Train" is good. :)

Mormagil said:
I'm not a Sabbath hater by any means, and I forgot that this was "most overrated band ever" not "somewhat overrated bands". Anyway, I just think they are idolized for the wrong songs. By people who think "Crazy Train" is good. :)

Crazy Train is solo Ozzy, and has nothing to do with Sabbath.

But it's amazing to me that people call the band overrated after hearing one fucking album (in this case Paranoid, probably the worst of the Super Six) and then calling them overrated. Actually, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, this is metal and your average male listener hasn't even grown pubes yet and doesn't know what a vagina is.

The Wizard, Black Sabbath, NIB, Sweet Leaf, After FOrever, Children of the Grave, Lord of this World, Into the Void, Wheels of Confusion, Supernaut, Snowblind, St. Vitus Dance, Under the Sun, Sabath Bloody Sabbath, National Acrobat, Sabbra Cadabra, Spiral Architect, Hole in the Sky, Symptom of the Universe, The Writ, etc, etc, etc.

And people judge the band based on "Paranoid". pfffffttt....

Crazy Train is solo Ozzy, and has nothing to do with Sabbath.

I know.

The Wizard, Black Sabbath, NIB, Sweet Leaf, After FOrever, Children of the Grave, Lord of this World, Into the Void, Wheels of Confusion, Supernaut, Snowblind, St. Vitus Dance, Under the Sun, Sabath Bloody Sabbath, National Acrobat, Sabbra Cadabra, Spiral Architect, Hole in the Sky, Symptom of the Universe, The Writ, etc, etc, etc.

Now we're talkin'!

J. said:

I said they're overrated because the only fucking songs people talk about are "Paranoid" and "Iron Man," which aren't even close to deserving the kind of praise they get. Not to say Sabbath doesn't have some great stuff, but you can't deny that 'Paranoid' is overrated.

So you're calling Sabbath an overrated band based on what the general public thinks of two songs? That makes no sense.

That's almost as idiotic as the thread starter judging the band based on one of their weakest Ozzy albums after one listen, whilst driving.

"Metal" fans don't even like metal anymore, I swear. They like this Mastodon and Lamb of God nonsense while praising shit-metal like Blut Aus Nord.

Status
Not open for further replies.