The most overrated band ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
most overrated band ever is slayer. I like slayer but even people who don't like metal at all say slayer is the best band ever and a ton of people say they're the best thrash metal band, which i don't agree with.

J. said:
So you're calling Sabbath an overrated band based on what the general public thinks of two songs? That makes no sense.

Well I thought we were talking about overrated in a general sense, not what the minority of music-listening nerds (myself included) on a message board think is good or bad.

Black Sabbath is one of the few "trad" bands who actually does fucking rule. The first half of the s/t, all of Paranoid (their only truly consistent album), and a few selected songs on Vol. 4 (first two, Snowblind, Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes) fucking rule.

J. said:
"Metal" fans don't even like metal anymore, I swear. They like this Mastodon and Lamb of God nonsense while praising shit-metal like Blut Aus Nord.

Me and a couple of other guys gave Mastodon the finger when they were opening for Maiden,hope they saw it

Kmik, if you wrote Death, as in saying in your opinion you think Death is the most overated band, then you are going to have an almighty wallop of hell unleashed apon your soon to be smouldering carcass. Megadeth fucking rules, some one mention dream theater here, or Steps

Death is overrated. Their only great album is "Human", and that album needed the guys from Cynic to make it what it is. Later Death blows.

i can never understand why people say slayer is overrated. it doesn't make sense to me. slayer is one of the best bands in the world. they have originality, awesome music..insane/creative lyrics. the band is fucking royalty. i always feel like people who say slayer are overrated never really listened to slayer. hell awaits, show no mercy, reign in blood, south of heaven, seasons in the abyss. come on now.

anyway. overrated band...Deicide

Krigloch the Furious said:
eew, no way metallica is better than megadeth. even if comparing the first 4.
As far as Sabbath, not my thing.

the only reason megadeth exist is because of metallica. dave mustaine was rightfully booted from metallica! I think the most overated band ever is nirvana...I cant see how a band who produces the same 4 chords over and over again can become "legendary." then worst still they vote kurt cobain the best guitarist of all time, im sorry someone has missed the point here!

J. said:
S"Metal" fans don't even like metal anymore, I swear. They like this Mastodon and Lamb of God nonsense while praising shit-metal like Blut Aus Nord.

winnar. This kind of thread has been done to many times, and is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.