"The Mullet of 1986!", new Åkerfeldt MySpace Blog

BefriendedUnit

They wear white for me
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego
Yeah, I had one...so go ahead and laugh!
I only wanted your attention, enought of the mullet talk..,,for now.

The clip of "Heir Apparent" from the Melloboat is out and the feedback’s been pretty amazing. It’s a rough version of course, first time we played it live, but nevertheless most of you guys seem to like it. It makes me very happy!

I basically just approved the final artwork for the regular edition of "Watershed". It looks stunning (to me) and the special edition (that comes out the same day) will look even more stunning. There’s so many hidden things, symbolism etc in there that it’s quite mind boggling! Overall, a beautiful package, Travis Smith, once again...what a dude!

Yesterday I was at Peters house to celebrate his birthday (49th) and it was really cool! Nice to hang out with him and his wife. We had a good time...good food, drinks, good talks. Felt a bit "off" today from the wine...

Anyways, nothing special to report I guess. We’re going on a press trip very soon where we’re gonna spend our days talking about....us! How very fucking interesting! On top of that we’re starting to prepare for the upcoming tours. There’s been several headlining gigs confirmed. They can be found at opeth.com and at our myspace page. Oh, do come see us then will ya?

We’re working on a nice setlist. Per suggested 2 older songs that he wanted to play. Lo and behold, both of them we’ve never played before ever, so it’s going to be interesting to see what they’ll sound like. 2 very evil sounding songs....

OK people...take it easy and....eaze down the road!

Cheers
Mike

Two older songs that they've never played before? Ever?! I wonder what that could be. Personally I'm hoping for "The Twilight Is My Robe" and "Silhouette".

Just kidding about Silhouette.

Cool! Glad to hear my and other people's critcism of "Heir Apparent" didn't phase Mike.

Is he talking about Peter Lindgren's B-day! Is Peter that much older than Mike?!?!! 49? and Mike's what like 34-35 or something? Insane

Edit: There's no way it was Peter Lindgren he's talking about. I looked it up on Wikipedia he's 35 and was born in 73'. His b-day is in march, but it was a little while ago. So who the hell is Mike talking about?

It's really hard to believe that Peter is 49 now. That's got to be a typo or something. OH SHIT, Mikael had a mullet?

EDIT: That's the only Peter we know about. Hmm...

Wow, two never-played songs! Hopefully one of them is Apostle in Triumph. Would be awesome to hear it live! I can only imagine what kind of new dimensions would Per's keys bring into that song..

Wait a minute, wait a minute....

It's Eternal Soul Torture, isn't it?! I bet it is!!!
eee.gif

I really hope it's April Ethereal. (old,evil,never been played or not regularly anyway..) or possibly..

Black Rose Immortal
By the pain i see in others
Wreath
Credence
godhead's lament...

people, most of the songs have been played in the past.
i'm just not sure about twilight is my robe, but there was at least one concert where orchid was played in its entirety apart of the interludes.
nectar has been played live as well so...
credence and TBYF have been played a lot, and are not evil sounding, c'mon!
i vote for karma... and i would like to believe the other one is black rose immortal, even if that could be pure utopia.