"The Mullet of 1986!", new Åkerfeldt MySpace Blog

it was pretty obvious he wasnt serious about 49 .. jeez ppl.

also they played black rose immortal before...

i really really hope it is by the pain i see in others. one of opeth's best songs. and the keyboard would be great with it i guess ...

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7067603 said:
We actually talked about playing this one sometime.
We have never ever played this as a band (not even before we recorded the album), but I agree it is a good song, very dark. Just don't like the recorded version that much.

We went through a few "Wreath" riffs in the rehearsal room and everyone's faces was like "yes, yes"!

We'll see....

Mike

Mike said that in the Wreath thread about a month ago..

As for the other song.. what about Dirge for November, have they played that before? That has keyboard sections near the end over the clean guitar and it's surely an evil song. About suicide I think.

^ Dirge is really sad.. especially the outro.. its very sad. Wreath and Twilight Is My Robe are ideal for me

My money is on Wreath, Karma, By the Pain I See in Others, and/or Dirge for November. Mike said they had never played the songs before, and if I remember correctly they have played all songs off of Orchid and Morningrise at one point or another, and those are the only "evil" songs I can think of that they have yet to play.

Yes, Dirge is a really underrated song, melancholic in the acoustic passages and demonic in the heavy sections. I believe it would be one of the songs Per would of suggested because the clean parts have ambient, free-stlye vibe that he would be interested in. The thing I'm curious about is how they'd would perform the distorted part while the growling vocals are taking places. If I'm hearing correctly it sounds like three different guitars playing octave chords.. maybe? I wonder how they would duplicate it live. Perhaps Per could fill in the extra intervals, heh.

Wreath would be amazing.

@Depth Perception: Pedals exist to replicate an input signal at one octave above, one octave below. They could do that, although it might not sound exactly the same.

My jaw dropped at that "joke". I'm thinking "there is no way Peter looks 49".

Also, I would absolutely DIE if they played Wreath or Beneath the Mire. I'd have to kill myself after the show. There would be nothing left to fulfill in life having heard those songs live.

May 3rd will be such a holy day :worship:notworthy

From the sound of things I'll be :worship:notworthy:worship: all night.

Dirge For November... God I hope that's it.
drool.gif

Mendez is a fool for disliking it.