"The Mullet of 1986!", new Åkerfeldt MySpace Blog

The more I think about it the more it sounds like one of these two songs will be "Black Rose Immortal". Ppl have requested more than any other song, and even mike havent performed the full length version. I personally hope the new songs are Twilligt and apostle.

I would DIE if it was "Dirge for November"... one of my favorite Opeth songs!

"Wreath" isn't all that old, and I've never cared for that song much.

"Karma" looks like a strong contender.

If I could pick the two songs, they would be "Dirge for November" and "Epilogue"... they have NO excuse for not playing the latter now that Per has been in the band!

I wanna hear BRI as much as the next person, but it's really more of a novelty now that I think about it. Not sure I'd like 20 mins being used on one song.

I would rather hear two other songs if I'm at the show.

Yes, Dirge is a really underrated song, melancholic in the acoustic passages and demonic in the heavy sections. I believe it would be one of the songs Per would of suggested because the clean parts have ambient, free-stlye vibe that he would be interested in. The thing I'm curious about is how they'd would perform the distorted part while the growling vocals are taking places. If I'm hearing correctly it sounds like three different guitars playing octave chords.. maybe? I wonder how they would duplicate it live. Perhaps Per could fill in the extra intervals, heh.

well, per can play guitar according to the ghost reveries documentary.
why not toss him a prs and have play around?

[KOTNO]Narrot;7069227 said:
dirge for november is opeth's most boring song. Period.

dude, that song is so fucking heartbreakingly sad that the only way you can be bored with it is by having no emotions. as far as I'm concerned.

last time I heard this song it actually brought tears to my eyes. unbelievable.

no way dirge is awesome period. I think bass hates it because the basslines are pretty boring.

well, if he doesn't like it he should change it how he fits.

on another note, I remember hearing somewhere that when they would play Credence live, they would change up a few things and Lopez would do some crazy latin beat at the end part of the song.

I think it would be really cool if they did that with Patterns 2, add some jazzy drums and bass to the song for live purposes.

Two older songs that they've never played before? Ever?! I wonder what that could be. Personally I'm hoping for "The Twilight Is My Robe" and "Silhouette".

Just kidding about Silhouette.

Twilight is my favourite Opeth song, so I sincerely hope that it is one of the two!

no way dirge is awesome period. I think bass hates it because the basslines are pretty boring.
well, if he doesn't like it he should change it how he fits.
It would be the last thing he did before Mike canned his ass. :devil:

"Don't you know what happened to the last guy who tried to play fancy bass shit? Pack your stuff and be gone by morning, punkass bitch."

on another note, I remember hearing somewhere that when they would play Credence live, they would change up a few things and Lopez would do some crazy latin beat at the end part of the song.
Hate to break it to ya, but...
OMG PETER IS 49 WOW MAYBE HE MEANT PER THIS CAN'T BE LOL

fucking tards
Wow, way to be 4 pages late where no one gives a fuck anymore.
Fucking tard.

On topic, I think the songs will be Wreath and Karma, I'd love to hear Wreath live.