The NBA thread

dirk-nowitzki-twitpic.jpg

Good stuff, exciting to watch, good for the game. People keep trying to compare him to Tim Tebow for stupid reasons. Of course he's not going to keep averaging 25 points a game. That's not a point guard's game. Especially when Carmelo Anthony comes back. It's exciting to watch though because it's so obvious how raw he still is. He went through a lockout and has hardly any experience playing with this team. He doesn't even has his endurance up yet. He's turning the ball over a lot, but that is going to come down as he continues to grow into his role, his team, and himself. He has above average field vision and his willingness and confidence to take the shot draws defenders in like a veteran point guard would. He needs to improve on his defense as well, as he plays off defenders too often and can get pushed around, but that's part of the beauty. He's playing and winning on potential. Chances are, he's going to get better. Maybe not flashier and highlight reel worthy, but he will be a better player.

anyone following the playoffs? on paper this is probably the best set of second round match-ups in a while. i'm particularly hyped for rockets lakers assuming we get over the line tonight, although lebron terrifies me lol.

i can’t fucking believe we clutched that out. first words from harden afterward: “offensively i played like SHIT’ lol. but the defence was so fucking good and that play at the end had me yelling as loud as harden. it’s bizarre that the rockets out of all teams managed to win a series increasingly as a monster defence that can’t score.

and yeah dort is awesome. totally shut down harden while scoring the most points from an undrafted rookie in playoff history. paul is also the oldest guy to get a playoff triple double by like four whole years.

this series is probably the best harden defensive performance ever? like, he’s always been good at steals and a bitch to get past in the post, but he’s always been terrible when it comes to help, transition D, getting through screens etc, and even in games 3-4 he was getting reamed at times, but this past few games i feel like he’s been an actual plus? which is just as well because last night he was not a plus in offence at all

so hyped for the lakers series. i really want harden to outperform lebron but somehow i doubt it.