The NBA thread

I guess you can't blame QJ for leaving Cleveland. Just hope things fail for Miami...see Wade and Lebron bitch-fight every night as to who gets the ball down the stretch?

Looks like the Celtics will sign Jermain O'neal...2-year deal.:kickass:

:lol: HAHAHA @ The Miami situation. Now they are the most over rated team in the NBA. Watch everyone jump on their bandwagon and proclaim them to win the Finals next season. What a load of shit.

How are these egos going to balance out? They WILL bitchfight over the ball. This is going to be hilarious!

EDIT: check out the comments on Facebook about this :lol:

And also an excellent analysis on ESPN.

I wanted to see lebron go to chicago... I wanted to see him become jordan.

That being said, they're going to win in Miami... saying they're overrated is a little out there... They're automatically contenders. All of a sudden wade and lebron dont have to do everything by themselves, which is going to help them both tremendously, I think.

Wow, Jesse Jackson wrote a piece stating that Dan Gilbert's comments toward LeBron betray a 'master-slave' relationship/mentality. What complete nonsense. No exaggeration - I really don't think there was a single human being on the face of the earth who equated anything Gilbert said with race, let alone slavery! Jackson needs to be censored by his peers. He only hurts the cause of equal rights and respect for all when he injects race into a situation that was devoid of it to begin with. Utterly ridiculous and hinting of mental instability, Jackson's comments need to be retracted.

San Antonio Spurs just signed Tiago Splitter, the brazilian Center who was playing in Spain. He's a pretty good player, MVP of the spanish league regular season and finals. I was hoping to see this guy somewhere else, though (Chicago, NY...):erk:

Wow, Jesse Jackson wrote a piece stating that Dan Gilbert's comments toward LeBron betray a 'master-slave' relationship/mentality. What complete nonsense. No exaggeration - I really don't think there was a single human being on the face of the earth who equated anything Gilbert said with race, let alone slavery! Jackson needs to be censored by his peers. He only hurts the cause of equal rights and respect for all when he injects race into a situation that was devoid of it to begin with. Utterly ridiculous and hinting of mental instability, Jackson's comments need to be retracted.

Gilbert was a little over the top and he should have kept it a little more quieter. Send a letter to the fans or something...your plans moving forward without Lebron...the mission statement etc.

However, why am I not surprised to hear Jesse now commenting on this circus. PLEASE SIR STFU AND GO AWAY ONCE AGAIN!

I didnt figure you for an NBA fan hubster, seems strange to me

Why is that strange rms?

Yeah seconded, why strange ? :)

I love NBA, have since around '91, but I got into it just after the Bulls defeated the Lakers in the finals. Went off it around 2001 and got back into it around the end of the 2007 season - I found all the cornrows and gangsta shit offputting, but thankfully it seems to have calmed down now.

is it confirmed that Oneal went to Boston?

WTF? Are we talking FatShaq to Boston?

EDIT: Jermaine O'Neal, ok...