The new Bloodbath album is fucking AMAZING!!!

Opethfan1980

Jaded and Gaunt
May 8, 2002
California, USA
sunsetfuneral.iuma.com
I was just able to get a promo of the new Bloodbath through a friend of mine. I'm not sharing it, so don't ask. This is just a straightforward review to give you a taste of things to come.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this.

In short, this album is a brutal, consistant masterpiece.

I know most of the band members don't take the project too seriously, but they have created an old school, brutal, but also melodic crushing piece of sonic ferocity.

Basically, if you've heard the samples on bloodbath.biz, you know what to expect. If you liked those, you'll love the album.

The first three songs are great, but this album really kicks into high gear on track five, "Buried By the Dead." This track features an awesome riff that is perfectly phrased by Mikael Akerfeldt (who sounds VERY brutal throughout this album. Mikael is at his guttural best here), and a pounding chorus. It, like alot of the songs on this album, really remind me of the glory days of Edge of Sanity.

"Bathe In Blood," track 7 is probably my favorite on this album. It has a cool, and different riff going on over the verse, which makes it one of the more memorable songs on the album.

"Cry My Name" brings back memories of Entombed and "Left Hand Path" with it's ultra brutal, but catchy and melodic riffage.

All in all, this album is an anachronistic, brilliant, and flawless piece of work.

I'm not even a big fan of this style of metal, and I consider "Ressurection Through Carnage" to be one of the best releases I've heard all year.

Make sure you buy it the day it's released.

I've only heard the samples and 1 full song from Century Media and I was wondering, did you Dan really play all the drums or is some of it programmed? Like bass-drum (same way you did on Nightwork if I remember right?)?

Anyway, it sounds amazing and the production rules, whole mix is quite dry and I like it :)

It's the Nightwork trick all over the album....
it's the most difficult way of recording drums there is!!!!
I also re-recorded all the cymbals in a separate take a few days after!!!!

D

The samples have me drooling even through my crappy computer spkeakers. I'm sure this will be really cool. The drums do sound a bit like Nightwork, though I didn't notice until I read this.

BOMBASS!!

This is exactly the Death Metal album I've been waiting for.

I love Dans drumming on that one and Mikaels vocals are too good to be true.
:D

hope not to bother if you've discussed the
NIGHTWORK trikk 1000 times before, but
perhaps you can go into a little more depth.

that album is so fukking dark and well made
that any info would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Well I got the new Bloodbath as well.

I really like it quite a lot, but it wouldn't be honest of me if I didn't say that I like Breeding Death better. The new one doesn't feel quite as, well, crunchy or well produced as Breeding Death. Some of the new songs are awesome though, but none of them, well so far, feel like they have the classic quality of songs like Breeding Death and Funeral Furnace.

Sorry, but I gotta give my honest opinion. So far I like it, but don't love it. Maybe it will grow on me.

What you do is that you program all the drums in a sequencer program first and they you erase all the programming except for the bassdrums..then you record livedrums on top of the programmed kickdrum..it is the most painful and demoralizing experience any drummer can have..but if your left knee simply refuses to work as a kick-knee this is the only way to do it...

it sound OK to me

D

This far we have scored two 10 out of 10 reviews for the RTC album and that is good enough for me...I think the mini album is better too..but that doesn't mean that I don't love this baby...

D

Well Dan. I know it must be frustrating to here that kind of criticism from a fan about your new creation, but it wouldn't be fair unless I said what I really think of it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like it, and I'm not trying to hurt your pride or anything ;)

Peace.

-Static.

Oh if I could add one last thing.

Like Fire, Mass Strangulation, Ways to the Grave and Buried by the Dead are my favourite songs here. Each of them are awesome, just so far haven't picked out any of the other songs.

Must give it time...