Bloodbath Minus Swano...Will It Prevail?

I liked NMF much more than RTC since it had a less monotonous feel to it. I was kinda bummed when Dan left, but then UTP came out was even better in many respects than NMF (much to my surprise & delight).

TFM is a good record, not as good as NMF and UTP, partly because it doesn't have some of the erie sounds and vibe. Some of the songs just start abruptly without any build up, which I never really liked in any type of music.

Dan, I don't really see the Suffocation/Malevolent Creation similarity at all. Then again I'm not a musician, so maybe there is something I'm missing.

And if you're not going to do a new death metal/Moontower/whatever, give Anders/Jonas a call and collaborate on a few tunes for us.

:heh::heh::heh:

Well, TFM is my favourite Bloodbath album nowadays. Took a while, but I finally got sick of the older stuff.

At first I liked TFM because really, we went a long time without a full length from BB and everyone was bound to enjoy anything new. But it definitely wasn't a grower like UTP. I've never been a fan of US death metal whatsoever so maybe I'll never enjoy a new Bloodbath record again (althought I'm still hoping for the opposite). Sucks when your favorite band pulls away from you.

But atleast there's new Demiurg and Obliterhate coming up that may deliver the swedish goods in a way I'm hoping :)

. I've never been a fan of US death metal whatsoever so maybe I'll never enjoy a new Bloodbath record again (althought I'm still hoping for the opposite). Sucks when your favorite band pulls away from you.

Being a Canadian I assume you don't like your own country's death metal then? Seems like almost all of them copied and aped Suffocation to the Nth degree but none if it was any good (IMNSHO). :heh:

I don't hold any allegiance to any specific country when it comes to music, but I'll proudly put MORBID ANGEL, IMMOLATION, OBITUARY & AUTOPSY up against any other's country's quartet in a fight to the death. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

^ There's alot of things about Canada I'm proud of, but Death Metal is on the bottom of the list. There seriously isn't one band I can stand listening to from here, which I'm ashamed of.

Which is why me and my band are working our asses off to bring a debut album Canada can be proud of ;)

^ There's alot of things about Canada I'm proud of, but Death Metal is on the bottom of the list. There seriously isn't one band I can stand listening to from here, which I'm ashamed of.

Which is why me and my band are working our asses off to bring a debut album Canada can be proud of ;)

Good to know, for a minute I was thinking you were going to sing the praises of Cryptopsy, Kataklysm and Despised Icon :puke::puke::puke:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey at least you got Maple Syrup :)

^yes, good thick maple syrup is the best, not that aunt jemima shit

and yeah, canada somewhat sucks for DM, cryptopsy had decent music, but lord worm was just awful (not as bad as how they are now though :lol:), quo vadis had one good album, but they somewhat suck now too, just generic tech death. martyr have been praised a lot but i cant get into it much. and any other stuff has just been decent.....we just arent furious enough here

although we have rush, and that band is seriously awesome :)

I never liked Gorguts, even back in then day. I guess the absolutely horrific cover art for their first album turned me off enough. :lol:

Unexpect I'll check out further. At first listen it sounds like a disjointed metal version of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, which isn't really a bad thing at all.

Okay, enough with the thread drift.

I don't hold any allegiance to any specific country when it comes to music, but I'll proudly put MORBID ANGEL, IMMOLATION, OBITUARY & AUTOPSY up against any other's country's quartet in a fight to the death. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Being a fellow American myself, I'd beg to differ.... I don't think any national death metal quartet can stand against the onslaught of Entombed, Dismember, Grave and Unleashed!

Being a fellow American myself, I'd beg to differ.... I don't think any national death metal quartet can stand against the onslaught of Entombed, Dismember, Grave and Unleashed!

I like Grave and Dismember & still buy their new albums when they come out, but neither are close to being in the same class as any of the US ones I mentioned.

Unleashed I never really cared for all that much and Entombed has 1 great albums (Left Hand Path) & 1 half good album (music on Clandestine).