Bloodbath Minus Swano...Will It Prevail?

I just meant that as you come from the BB forum to this one you might find that people have a bit wider tastes. It's perfectly ok to like death metal (or lady gaga, if that floats your boat :p ), but you don't have come in shouting insults when someone doesn't share your opinion.

It's not that I can't stand insults or anything, I'd just hate for this board to navigate towards the same point as the opeth forum did.

Well, its certainly not the first time I show my face around here, it was a while since I posted here tho. And I barely visit the BB-forum anymore.
The "Fuck You Guys" was mainly towards the guys from the BB-forum, Emetic, Stefan, Isolation, DD and neither of them will take any offense in that im sure, like I said its been like a freezone over there so my bad for taking it overe here, it just got that way since they posted allover page2.

And you are still judgeing me :) just cause I "come from the BB forum" doesnt mean I only listen to DM. People who know about Dan, Micke Å and Opeth, Kata... rarely do.

I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit. It's pretty hilarious.

As Antzor pointed out, people here DO listen to death metal (if it really exists anymore), but there's greater breadth here. Most of us find post-Dan BB boring, but not all of us. It's not because Dan isn't there anymore (well, in the minds of most of us, it being boring is a causal effect of Dan's influence not being there anymore), but we just don't like it. THERE'S NO ACCOUNTING FOR TASTE, BUDDY BOI.

I get that some people dont like it, and never will like it. I know Stefan listen to ALOT of DM and he obviously doesnt like the new stuff that much either.
But when you see some people praise Eaten and Cry My Name its pretty given that there is much stuff to explore that may take your taste to places you never thought.

The fact is that everybody progress their taste and many people here that loves the hits like Eaten and Cry My Name could very well find themself loving TFM and UTP if they continue to listen to and explore DM for a few years.

I've listened to Death Metal since around 1990-1991, which is way more than a few years. And I do find the recent BB stuff generic and boring.

I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit. It's pretty hilarious.

Me too :D

We have a saying in Finland (probably in other countries too): You can't arque about the matters of taste. This thread has proved it. It's just not leading anywhere.

TFM was only a disappointment due to the fact that we know what Bloodbath is/was capable of. It was the wrong direction to go in after UTP, was more of a regression imo. Dan's presence will always be missed, but it seemed like it would have been somewhat tolerable with UTP. Then TFM came out which I like, but it is nothing like Bloodbath's old style and isn't the same band.

All this arguing is stupid because people's opinions aren't going to change.

I remember beeing really disappointed when UTP came, I especially missed the FAT guitar-sound. It grew pretty fast on me though. I think it has the most brutal vocals they have recorded, really loud.

Maybe we should organize some real life Bloodbath. The soul survivor then officially gets to decide what's the best Bloodbath album. I'm personally too much of a wuss to get into that carnage myself, but i will buy the dvd of it.:headbang:

^breeding death was brutal

Well, its certainly not the first time I show my face around here, it was a while since I posted here tho. And I barely visit the BB-forum anymore.
The "Fuck You Guys" was mainly towards the guys from the BB-forum, Emetic, Stefan, Isolation, DD and neither of them will take any offense in that im sure, like I said its been like a freezone over there so my bad for taking it overe here, it just got that way since they posted allover page2.

And you are still judgeing me :) just cause I "come from the BB forum" doesnt mean I only listen to DM. People who know about Dan, Micke Å and Opeth, Kata... rarely do.

haha yeah, i can back that up, we rip on each other pretty hard over at BB, i i've been shit on over at the katatonia forum a few times for taking it there :lol:

and yeah, ill back qth on that, i listened to death metal for years, but my interests far extend that (like many of you), all the way to experimental drone and ambiant, and i also cant resist lady gaga :p

final word on new BB, its certainly missing that dan swano charm, but its still good for what it is, i havent been in that sort of "mood" in a while, so maybe thats part of the reason i didnt like it as much

I think theres a disjointedness in some fans tastes in death metal..
Some guys (myself included) prefer the old school Swedish sound that is old Dan era Bloodbath and now Demiurg (which i absolutely LOVE).. The death metal that has that old school sound is to me more about dynamics, riffs and feeling (in my opinion folks)..

The new Bloodbath seems to me to be following a more generic (again in my opinion!) americanized sound that is reminiscent of bands like Gorgasm, Cannibal Corpse (new), and Degrade that are more about speed and having a hyperblasting riff a minute structure and hey, thats what some people prefer and good for them.. Its all death metal and its all brutal but its a matter of preference and nothing something people should feel the need to argue over..

We're all in the same boat guys.. Some of us prefer to row the boat, while others prefer a motor on the back.. :headbang:

One of your worst post ever. (well, if i disregard the retardedness and spam ;) )
You say the album is a big mess and you think Hades Rising is one of the best tracks on the album? The track that is so disjointed I almost dislocate a shoulder listening to it, talk about a mess. Its like a random shitfest mix of cool riffs that cant stand beeing next to eachother, that epic 2min ending with that great solo deserved much better.

EmeticGore, you also thought Hades was a great pick for a video. How the hell is this possible?
How can you favorize that track when you complain about the album not having the groove the older albums have?
The only thing I can think of is bacause of the epic ending .

All in all... It doesnt sound like before, but there is lots of groove on this album, its just mixed with bridges of blastbeats and faster riffs, making the songs and album more interesting and last longer than the older releases.

Iseous
Devouring the Feeble
Moch The Cross
Slaughtering the Will to Live

If you cant feel the groove in these tracks you just fail.

Late answer but Devouring... and Slaughtering.. are the two worst tracks ever recorded by that band. Just ultra lame start stop stuff all over more reminiscent of Fear Factory and Pantera than anything else.

Hi guys. I haven't paid that much attention to the BB stuff since I "Left" but I do know that the original intent of Bloodbath was to sound a bit like they do now. Listen to the 1st (and truest) versions of "Breeding Death" and "Ominous Bloodvomit" and you hear a US-Death Metal flavoured band. I cannot recall any talk of "old school" and "Swedeath" in that magical session. The plan was to do fast and technical stuff. But....My death metal drumming skills were always more "Bill Andrews" than "Sean Rinert"...so the most insane stuff, such as fast doublekicks and blastbeats had to be left out...for as long as I played drums. When we were gathered again, because I accidentally erased the masters of the first session...we decided to record a third BB track (Furnace Funeral)...and that was kind of the the start of the whole Swedeath stuff (With the LHP/Phantasm rip-off keybaord part at the end). The idea to go super basic Swedeath was all mine. I am sure the other guys would have loved to go in the opposite direction already back then...but they were kind enough to let me have my way with the general direction of RTC. And you all know that I supplied only 33% of the NMF album..and I cannot really hear the difference between the other 66% of that album, and what they are doing now?? So, what I am trying to say is that I know Anders and Jonas wanted a US death project (They talked about it during some Katatonia recording..and even did some stuff about it in my yearbook) from what remember it would be more like Suffocation/Malevolent Creation etc. so....I guess they finally found home.... Kick ass at the Rock Hard festival for me!!!

It may be a coincidence or not, but the songwriting and production went downhill after Dan left. Current BB is really generic brutal tech death, excepting for a couple of songs (Mock the cross which is pretty much an almost ripoff from Morbid Angel's Where the slime live and Slaughtering... which is very meshuggah influenced and it's one of the worst BB songs ever).