Is Bloodbath Minus Swano Still A Force?

I have to say I absolutely loved BD, RTC and NMF but UTP and TFM are just so much better to me. Much more brutal!

I have to say I absolutely loved BD, RTC and NMF but UTP and TFM are just so much better to me. Much more brutal!

Agreed. I mean, I love the groove on their early stuff but the technicality, maturity, and brutality on the new stuff just beats it IMO.

I prefer RTC & BD over NMF, but without anything to do with Swano UTP just kicks ass so fucking much, I suppose it's the way Mike sings on it what makes it that awesome.
I still haven't heard TFM but I have heard Iesous and it sounds really good...
Yeah, of course they're still a force but I think kicking Dan wasn't a very smart move, I mean, he was good at everything he was doing on the band...
I like almost all of the songs he wrote better than Jonas's or Blakkheim's creations, and he's an amazing growler and good as a drummer too.
Besides, fans loved him 'cause he really is cool just as a dude :cry:

Very different?? What's so very different about it, seriously? The style is pretty much exactly the same. TFM is exactly what one could expect after UTP, simply everything taken one extra step further.

Agreed. I like the vocals on TFM alot but when I heard Unblessing the Purity the first time I was like... "Is this what Satan sounds like?":lol:

Agreed. I like the vocals on TFM alot but when I heard Unblessing the Purity the first time I was like... "Is this what Satan sounds like?":lol:

Especially when the ending part of Weak Aside came :kickass:

"I think so. UTP has a lot of fluent, dominating tremolo riffs.. something TFM lacks in almost every song."

What's a tremolo? Rather someone tell me here than google it.

"I think so. UTP has a lot of fluent, dominating tremolo riffs.. something TFM lacks in almost every song."

What's a tremolo? Rather someone tell me here than google it.
A tremolo is that little handle on the bridge of a guitar that you can pull to make cool squeeky sounds.
Floyd_rose_speedloader_tremolo.jpg
I think so. UTP has a lot of fluent, dominating tremolo riffs.. something TFM lacks in almost every song.
I don't have this kind of technical knowledge about guitarplaying, but I do know that when I listen to both UTP and TFM I hear pretty much the same style, amazingly brutal, mostly fast but with enough breakdowns and groove, Mike's awesome vox (equally awesome on both releases), killer production (tad better even on TFM) and blasphemous lyrics. I would agree TFM sounds very different compared to RTC or BD, but the differences in style between UTP and TFM are mere tiny details, the overal style/colour/feel is very similar.

A tremolo is that little handle on the bridge of a guitar that you can pull to make cool squeeky sounds.
Floyd_rose_speedloader_tremolo.jpg

Tremolo = notes cut in many small pieces.

Yes, that is a tremolo-bar. Then tremolo kan also be an effect in stomp-box form or built in the amp that kind of turns the volume up-down-up-down all the time, gives it a nice vibe (used a lot by katatonia, for example in sweet nurse).

THEN there is the tremoloPICKING that Stefan is takling about. Very common in death and black metal. You simply pick 16ths/32s all the way, giving it a nice fast sound, while the actual melody of the riff might be rather slow. Tons of examples here, all over death and black metal.

And I agree with stefan, not enough of the old tremflow on TFM.