The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

So am I assuming right that she is about to overthrow the corrupt government in order to put herself as holy emperor as the leader of the country and lead Italy to another golden age with an empire as vast as the Roman Empire once was? I am looking forward to that.

Nice to hear you are still reading here.

"Italy Customs has recently implemented revised procedures to tighten up the controls of goods imported into Italy from Non-European countries, all items sent to Italy may be subject to delay and customs purpose. It may even takes 60 days or more for delivery"

Any forum member know about this^ or the Italian Postal System?

If one of those bottles got shipped my way for some reason I would cross your palm with silver ;)

Second! :D

Ah man, that photo makes my mouth water.. I'll have to console myself with what my cabinet has to offer ;)
Which isnt bad, either I may add :p

Ha!

I'm so fucking bummed.

I can't ship out alcohol of PA unless I'm a dealer.

I need to insure the package for a quite serious amount of money and have to declare what's in it... well, I don't really have to, but something liquid inside worth THAT MUCH money is clearly not olive oil... and in case something happens - I won't see neither package, nor $$$ (plus Ground covers only up to $100 and Express is up to $500, which is not enough anyway).

I can't even return it to the guy who sent it to me!

Well... are you guys coming over or what? :cool:

BTW, Nick: was at a VERY BIG warehouse liquor store in NJ, and whisky prices were ridiculous... start with that Laphroaig 15 and Lagavulin 16 were locked, and were tagged at $75 and $90 respectively, 20% higher than in neighborhood store and that I've seen in NYC... and it get taxed, so it's even more ridiculous.

Became a friend of Laphroaig this weekend :cool: Going to buyout the island eventually :heh:

@LaRocque: I'd give it a try before deciding that the situation has changed dramatically, because it's been more than a year since I last ordered something from the USA, precisely because I noticed how merchandise took ages getting here and there was always some additional fee to pay to get it through customs. If you did just fine until a couple of months ago, I'm not sure you'll experience any further changes.

Well, I usually order from Britain, but I'm currently considering the USA -> Greece -> Italy option. ;)
That could work. USA <-> Greece is pretty fast too (min = 5days). Greece <-> Italy usually takes a teeny bit longer. Guess which one is the weak link. ;)

edit: only downside would be the increased shipping costs.

I recently ordered an Ulver album (Norwegian for those who don't know) from the US to Germany and it came from Austria in the end. Globalisation is a funny thing sometimes.

Oh, oh! I have a funnier story! I ordered something from the US Amazon to Sweden, and it got shipped from New Zealand!

Oh, oh! I have a funnier story! I ordered something from the US Amazon to Sweden, and it got shipped from New Zealand!

There are tons of vendors on Amazon.com from all over the world, it shows you the company you are buying from - "sold by...", so it doesn't really matter that you buy on US Amazon.

There are tons of vendors on Amazon.com from all over the world, it shows you the company you are buying from - "sold by...", so it doesn't really matter that you buy on US Amazon.
I'm pretty sure it said amazon.com in the 'sold by' field (not sure if it makes any difference). It just happens that they usually ship from amazon.de when it comes to Europe, and that makes sense. But shipping from the opposite end of the world doesn't.