The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

I feel like living again after a long half-dead period. It's not that I was depressed or anything, but for too long a time I felt like I was just drifting on without a purpose. Now, nothing has changed, but I feel different. Creative, even, I might say.

The reason I'm writing it here is because the change in me is probably at least partially due to my recent encounter with the band at Qstock festival last weekend. The show was great, albeit without surprises (the setlist follows below), but I believe it was the afterparty and the brief (and not-so-brief) discussions with the band-members that made me feel... inspired(?) once again. Yeah, inspired, that's the word.

There have been other inspirators, of course, but it is no coincidence that at that very same weekend I made an agreement with an old friend of mine (who was also there at Qstock, listening to DT among others) - an agreement that we try to realize a project I've been dreaming about for way too long. We might not succeed - actually, the chances of us succeeding are quite small indeed - but it is the attempt that is important. The thing I've been missing these past several months has been a concrete goal, something to aim at. Even if we fail in this, I believe I can still learn a lot, and be happy with that.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving for a trip that shall take me to Stockholm and back with another old friend of mine. I hope I'll feel the same as (or better than) I do now when I return.

Oh, I almost forgot the setlist (the order of the songs might be wrong after #6):

1. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
2. The Lesser Faith
3. The Treason Wall
4. The Wonders at Your Feet
5. Lost to Apathy
6. Inside the Particle Storm
7. Punish My Heaven
8. Misery's Crown
9. ThereIn
10. Focus Shift
11. My Negation
12. Final Resistance

-Villain (np: DT - Fiction Expanded Edition - "Below the Radiance")

I'm utterly bored, sitting at the internet spot of Arlanda (Stockholm) airport.
Almost 2 hours until my train leaves, if I have space in it that is, since it's
apparently fully booked. I will talk with the conductor to see if I can get a
spot on the floor somewhere, it's only a 5 hour trip, so I don't care where I
sit and/or if I sleep.

EDIT: ups, more like an hour until the train :D

only 5 hours? i think it's a lot :p

Thats cos you're spoiled and haven't spent 3 days on a Greyhound ;)

In any case thanks to some fuck up with the schedules the trip was more
like 17 hours, I just so love living here in the middle of nowhere.
Now I've slept about 4 hours since tuesday morning, so I think I'll hit the sack.

Well, I now have the new laptop setup with XP and it's working perfect so far, unlike
Vista that started fucking up almost as soon as I installed it. Stupid POS.

Had to drop the resolution a bit cos if I go to the max native, it's way too small to
read, right now I'm at 1680x1050, the max would be 1920x1200 and this is a 17"
monitor, so you can imagine how small everything is.

Back to work on monday and apparently we got evening and weekend shifts now
too, which I welcome, more money for me :D

I joined the gym. At first i found the treadmill extremely boring, but now i think it's an excellent thinking tool.
I'm also becoming friends with their goldfish.

I suppose there's a more fitting thread for this kind of things already, but didn't bother to search for it. Anyways, this is a really simple, but somehow hilarious edit/remix/whatever of Terminus, check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9e8cdmUE08&feature=related]Click here for Youtube video (embed doesn't work)[/ame]

-Villain

This thread is not as active as I remembered it.

Anyways, I have been settling in my new (and first) apartment for the past few weeks and it's been a great experience for me. I moved from my father's house, located near the metal wasteland of Ottawa to the much more active "milieu" of godforsaken Montréal. I've arrived on August 9th, and my job hunt lasted no less than 3 days! Lucky me, due to my experience in office work, I was referred by friends to Randstad, a large international staffing agency. Now after a 20 minutes meeting with the Randstad recruiter I was offered a position as a...Randstad recruiter! Salary is reasonable and the job is challenging and interesting so no complains there.

Concerning the apartment, well, boxes are still scattered among the living room and bedrooms but they're being dealt with swiftly by me and my roommate and I could say we're near-fully settled. The building is not of the most recent construction but it's still quite nice for the price we pay. I guess the main feature would be the somewhat large living room. No cockroaches as of yet so that's good.

Of course, within 2 weeks of life in Montreal, I already got tickets for 3 upcoming shows...and that's just the beginning!

This also means that if a few North-American (or not) forum members ever plan on going to Montreal for whatever reason, they have one more place to stay at.

Its great to see Claudia and Daniel reappear after being GONE a while
Hope both continue to post on the forum

This also means that if a few North-American (or not) forum members ever plan on going to Montreal for whatever reason, they have one more place to stay at.
Are you an ice hockey fan?
I come to Montreal every year or two to see
the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Canadians -

Just received this disc ...
Rammstein - Engel (1 track) Australian Promo
I've been looking for this disc for over 10 years
I knew about it but saw it for this first time in 1999 on the eBay, I was out bid then
by several peeps in the last minute, as I remember my bid was $188, it ended up going for $525
It appeared again 3 years ago but it was covered with *fake* R+ autographs, I passed
This promo I won on the eBay had a total of 31 bids, it may seem insane on my part but
my bid was $1111, I got it for a little more than 15% of that
all good things come to those who wait ... aka ...everything is beautiful

I know this ^ should probably go in the 'which CD did you buy'
and the following in the R+ thread but ...

A friend from the Lowlands who is friends with Paul(Landers) wrote that
'Paul told her that they're at a "crossroads" right now, not too sure what to do. They originally wanted to make the next album really hard, but then they realized that the songs sounded like any other metal band, so they threw many of those songs away. They thought that Rosenrot was too soft for a Rammstein album and they're still trying to make this new album harder.'

Harder is always better -

True that.

Are you an ice hockey fan?
I come to Montreal every year or two to see
the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Canadians -

Not a heavy fan but still, I can enjoy a good ol' hockey game, so let me know if you're interested in coming for a game next season.

A friend from the Lowlands who is friends with Paul(Landers) wrote that
'Paul told her that they're at a "crossroads" right now, not too sure what to do. They originally wanted to make the next album really hard, but then they realized that the songs sounded like any other metal band, so they threw many of those songs away. They thought that Rosenrot was too soft for a Rammstein album and they're still trying to make this new album harder.'

Harder is always better -

Rosenrot - I never got into it, it's like Reise Reise part II (I know the story behind it), but so not exciting. Couple good songs that ring the bell, but doesn't do it for me altogether.

What's the scoop? A year ago it was set for 2008 release, but no news so far.

Hi to both of you. Sad I missed your return - I've been really out of it the past few weeks, been really busy, all that crap because I'm going back to school in two days. But I digress, welcome back.

Also, I was hoping to hear something about the new Rammstein album too. Kind of a closet fan of theirs and I was wondering because I thought something was announced. Also, herzeleid.com hasn't been updated for quite literally a year.

Hey everyone!

@DoC: Hi there! Hope you have a good new school-year. :)

@Martin: Welcome back! Congratulations on the new job, hope you enjoy your new apartment and that you have fun times there. :)

On a side note, i'm awfully dehydrated.

@siren: is that because you drank yourself into a stupor last night while listening to "Ax chorizou mou" or other Greek song about Spanish sausages? :D

Ok, I am totally stupid.