The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

I wasnt happy with the refs though. We get a red card for a heavy push and the spanish get nothing for a headbutt?

Podolski (I think it was him) was asking for it though and he was the one looking for direct contact in the first place so imo both deserved at least a yellow card. And it was not a hard headbutt either. The ref could have given both a red card though as well without it being an unfair decision.

Agreed with Matse. Podolski was the instigator, and though Silva shouldn't have reacted it was just handbags really. Both deserved yellow cards, red would've been a bit harsh in a game which only had a couple of other bookings by that point. Spain were well worth the trophy in the end, throughout the whole tournament they've been the best team. I'm surprised Germany even got to the final, only against Poland and Portugal did they play well, but their defence has been woeful for most of the games and better teams than Austria and Turkey would've put them out.

A psych patient called me "heart breaker" today.

People who will attend the forum meeting, you've been warned. :p

Anyone else who wants to be analyzed, sit back and start talking. :p

@LaRocque: That's so nice of you to say. But i'm afraid that a few representatives of the male species might disagree with you.

So, how's being your boss' bitch working out for you? :saint:

Hehe, well I'm not working for the company I was when I first came up here. Got canned due to some political bullshit. I take comfort in the fact that there was a 'reorganization' of the leadership after I had to leave.

Doing basically similar work now. Mostly estimating. Which means I get to measure things and figure out how much they cost. Whooooo.

...Unless you were calling my fiancee my boss. In which case, things are going good. :D

How's it down there?

~kov.

Hehe, well I'm not working for the company I was when I first came up here. Got canned due to some political bullshit. I take comfort in the fact that there was a 'reorganization' of the leadership after I had to leave.

Doing basically similar work now. Mostly estimating. Which means I get to measure things and figure out how much they cost. Whooooo.

...Unless you were calling my fiancee my boss. In which case, things are going good. :D

How's it down there?

~kov.

Nah, I meant your job, you, dirty boi :lol: But how come she's still fiancee? Ahhhh, you will commit to anything just not to get married (me, on the other hand, ask to sign a prenup, so guess what :heh:)

And down... where? I'm all over the place, set to move in a year though, yet not too far, and we still can have hot sweatingly steamy sessions with you and all your... dogs.

:kickass:

@LaRocque: That's so nice of you to say. But i'm afraid that a few representatives of the male species might disagree with you.

You definitely broke my heart and conquered all of my dreams.

Starting to work after what felt like two months of doing nothing is hard. The work is decent and the paycheck is horribly small, but I guess that is just how community work is. March 31st will be the end of that.

Yet another reason never to get a login name to anything owned
by Google: http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/03/youtube-user-data-mu.html

I wonder whether these "unprecedented amounts of private information" are even useful in any way except as a threatening weapon against the likes of Google. I see a connection between "everything we do leaves a trace" and "every trace can be manipulated and altered", which seems to indicate that the status quo in terms of the risks related to human activities (in the past: surreptitiously moving the border between your land and your neighbor's; today: surreptitiously downloading dozens of episodes of Murder, She Wrote from the Internet) is not going to be altered significantly for the average guy.

Nah, I meant your job, you, dirty boi :lol: But how come she's still fiancee? Ahhhh, you will commit to anything just not to get married (me, on the other hand, ask to sign a prenup, so guess what :heh:)

And down... where? I'm all over the place, set to move in a year though, yet not too far, and we still can have hot sweatingly steamy sessions with you and all your... dogs.

:kickass:

:lol:

Wedding is set for August 1st, 2009. Wanted to make sure we had enough time to plan everything this summer so that she wouldn't have to worry about stuff during the school year. That, plus her mom wanting the wedding to be 'just right' because of that whole 'only daughter' syndrome thing, pushed it back a little bit. That and we're trying to get my relatives to come in from everywhere, so we had to give them some lead time.

And I hadn't been up to date on your movements recently. Hope work is going well. Lemme know how the move goes.

~kov.

matse: do yo already have an idea of what you will be studying next year?

Not for sure, but I am tending towards studying something "international" like Global Business Management, International Business or I will try to get a job at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I am interested in politics, but I wouldn't like to join a party and I would love having to do with people around the globe so I think that would be a good solution. They usually demand close to perfect grades though, but I am sure I could make it in there somehow.