The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

I was considering your situation in the light of what Dark Silence mentioned. On the one hand, at least one side is going to cry themselves to sleep instead of cavorting in the streets until the light of dawn. On the other, one side is definitely going to make it to the final game so... yeah.
Im not sure about exact numbers, but I think our city is below the average concerning turkish or russian population, so I dont think it's going to get ugly anywhere near here, should the turks lose. Im really afraid of places like Berlin though. Berlin is famous for its kebap's after all. I dont know, maybe nothing at all is going to happen, but it's been a long time since I felt this kind of tension, this potential for violence.
I totally agree on the bike riding by the way. Probably only challenged by snooker, curling, poker.. and fishing. But thankfully, no one has had the idea of putting fishing on tv.. yet.

If you're in Pittsburgh Eide's Entertainment (www.eides.com) has/had the Expanded
as I remember they wanted $19.99(maybe $24.99?) + tax
Why not order it from Century Media its only $12 + $3 postage
CM always sends stickers, promo/compilation CDs with all orders -

Thanks for the heads up. You too, Suwat, I do appreciate it very much. I've ordered from Century Media before and they took FOOORRRREEEEVVVVEERRRRR. They had grab bags on sale for like $20 or $15, something really cheap, and I got one of those as well as Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind and DT;s Skydancer re-release for a total of less than 50$ - a good deal for 12 albums, most ended up being of good quality. However, it took almost a month for them to get to me, with no expedited shipping options (at the time). I got mad because they didn't send me any shipping info (i.e. Fed Ex or UPS - ended up being DHL) until I got an email from DHL with a tracking number. It was disappointing to say the least, except for the cheap prices.

also :worship: Flyers, you S-O-B. :p

Thanks for the heads up. You too, Suwat, I do appreciate it very much. I've ordered from Century Media before and they took FOOORRRREEEEVVVVEERRRRR. They had grab bags on sale for like $20 or $15, something really cheap, and I got one of those as well as Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind and DT;s Skydancer re-release for a total of less than 50$ - a good deal for 12 albums, most ended up being of good quality. However, it took almost a month for them to get to me, with no expedited shipping options (at the time). I got mad because they didn't send me any shipping info (i.e. Fed Ex or UPS - ended up being DHL) until I got an email from DHL with a tracking number. It was disappointing to say the least, except for the cheap prices.

also :worship: Flyers, you S-O-B. :p

:tickled:

@ DisplayofCharacter, when I ordered the Expanded from Century Media, it was here in 4 days

When you order something from amazon.de in the morning it arrives the next day, if something is ordered in the afternoon or later, it arrives the day after tomorrow and that is all with free standard shipping. I really missed that while I was in the US.

Absolutely. The only sporting activity more boring to watch is bycicle racing.

I
I totally agree on the bike riding by the way. Probably only challenged by snooker, curling, poker.. and fishing. But thankfully, no one has had the idea of putting fishing on tv.. yet.

what about golf? it must be the most boring sport ever.

i dont find bike riding so boring actually. i like to watch some parts of a race only for the landscapes. It reminds me of vacations.

matse:thanks!.
Last year, when i was still in Bremen, i started studying geology because i wanted to specilize in mineralogy. When we had to chose our options for the second year, we were only 3 to chose mineralogy...
actually here in aachen, there is something i found more interesting: materials engineering (Werkstoffingenieurwesen). So fortunately i dont have to go to classes with only 3 persons in the auditorium :D. I would find it horrible, because i never have time to do all the homework, and i work quite slowly.
i actually find more interesting to know what one can do with the materials than all the other stuff you also learn in mineralogy. You also learn how to use the minerals in mineralogy, but not as much as in materials engineering or materials science.

Reports from the front: We did win! Screaming people, german flags and honking cars give it away.
On the downside, kebap prices have skyrocketed and Im being pelted with harissa. More news as they come in!

Reports from the front: We did win! Screaming people, german flags and honking cars give it away.
On the downside, kebap prices have skyrocketed and Im being pelted with harissa. More news as they come in!

Serves you right for sharing your nationality with a soccer team who won a match against Turkey! I mean, how dare you! :p

Lucky are those who bought hundreds of kebap sandwiches a couple of days ago and are currently storing them religiously in their refrigerator. Less lucky are their close neighbors in buildings lacking air conditioning, I guess.

I'm at Metaltown in Gothenburg.
Saw Sonic Syndicate (the band with 11 songs that all sound the same) and
gonna go see Monster Magnet and Cavalera Conspiracy shortly. It's gonna
fucking rule.
Tomorrow, it's Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, Amon Amarth, Satyricon (who
replace Opeth, you can only imagine how much I was celebrating when
I hear that news) and In Flames.

You prefer Satyricon over Opeth? I mean with Opeth you would at least get decent music. The latest Satyricon is simply pathetic. The pentagram burns? Give me a break. King? If only... They sure learned their lessons from In Flames. Metal is just image. Mainstream is all

You prefer Satyricon over Opeth?

Where the fuck have you been the last 7 years, I'd prefer having my nails
torn off more than having to hear Opeth. Having them be replaced one of my
favorite bands, was just a huge plus, now I didn't even have to hear Opeths
boring ass 10min guitar wanking "songs" from the beer tent (the only place
that could've made that "experience" a little more tolerable).

As for Satyricons "mainstreaming", um, yeah, sure, whatever, being tr00 is
so 1992.

I am now home, waiting for my laundry to finish so I have something to wear
tomorrow, here's my quick list for Metaltown.

Best band: Cavalera Conspiracy, this band fucking rocked and they
played all the old stuff too, well, no Roots tho.

Worst band: Bullet For My Valentine, I know they would need a few bullets

Best performance: Satyricon, you could tell they knew they were
replacing a band with some following at the festival, they gave one of the
best live performances I've ever seen from anyone and the smallish crowd
was with it.

Worst performance: Nightwish, I'd be surprised if they stay together
for very much longer, the crowd didn't even ask for an encore and they
would've had time for that easy, ended up doing like a 50min show, which
also makes them suck
And then they fucking bow like they just took over the world or some shit.
You played a one of the millions of festivals this summer, be happy you had
an audience.

Best song: In Flames - Only For The Weak, the place fucking exploded.

Worst song: No idea, didn't watch Bullet, Killswitch or Dimmu ;)

Best experience at festival: Hearing Satyricon was replacing Opeth.

Worst experience at festival: Going to my work buddies room, you could tell
his friend had not changed his socks for 3 days :puke: :zombie:

Surprised I really wouldn't be, but change that to "annoyed" and Bob's your uncle. It's easy now to say that Nightwish in their original incarnation were more of the sum of their parts, considering their parts absolutely blow.

I was never a fan of Nightwish by any stretch of the imagination, but even
I saw they were kinda unique in the metal world. Now they are like any other
metal band with a female singer, no vocal range whatsoever.

Where the fuck have you been the last 7 years, I'd prefer having my nails
torn off more than having to hear Opeth. Having them be replaced one of my
favorite bands, was just a huge plus, now I didn't even have to hear Opeths
boring ass 10min guitar wanking "songs" from the beer tent (the only place
that could've made that "experience" a little more tolerable).

As for Satyricons "mainstreaming", um, yeah, sure, whatever, being tr00 is
so 1992.
I always found that Opeth bashing silly, but Opeth-bashing followed by praise for Satyricon.. that's just off the charts. But whatever floats your boat.

On another topic, the spanish deservently won the Euro. I think with a performance as shown against Portugal, we could have won it, but with a game like last night, we didnt deserve to. The whole tournament wasnt glorious already and the spaniards really played the better football overall. Now that the first grief has past, Im really glad it's them :)
I wasnt happy with the refs though. We get a red card for a heavy push and the spanish get nothing for a headbutt? Im not one to bash the refs generally but this time they were really sub-par. The kicker was went Hickersberger and Löw were sent off for.. doing their jobs? o_O

Today's light sees me a lot less cheering for germany and a lot more cheering for Liverpool again so allow me to perform a little song:

HIS ARMBAND PROVED HE WAS A RED, TORRES, TORRES...
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE, IT SAID, TORRES, TORRES...
WE BOUGHT HIM FROM SUNNY SPAIN,
HE GETS THE BALL AND SCORES AGAIN...
FERNANDO TORRES, LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER 9

:headbang: