The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Matse is an audiophile, wants to buy Steven Wilson's super-mastered crap and pay extra for it.

Absolutely.

Maybe in person. You know, Matse's met me, on that same occasion where you were conspicuously absent.

If you have not talked to him, you cannot recognise it, since it is not so much the words, but the way the words come out. It is not that strong anyways and maybe I just hear it because I miss him so much, but I do hear it.

A pity - for a moment I thought I should go and download a few episodes of Seinfeld (never seen it, but got to get my fix of rahvin, you know), but now I'd probably feel disappointed.

It is not that strong anyways and maybe I just hear it because I miss him so much, but I do hear it.

Woah, you guys! Hold on a second, just let me look for that special emoticon to convey how teary-eyed I am right now.

Pupu is indeed "bunny", "rabbit" would be jänis (or jänö in some cases - I'm not really sure if that's an archaic, poetic or dialectic form, but it's rather common in children's stories and such).

Ah ok :) .

I actually changed my eating schedule so that I could watch Seinfield and Scrubs on T.V. :p . I probably know every episode, the last one that I saw was the one in which George was trying to move the Frogger arcade machine. Damn truck! :Smug:

And I've met Jason Alexander, he was once on vacation here in C.R., and went to the same resort as me :) . It was hard to recognise him because his older now, but I kept telling my sister "That's George! That's George!" And it was him :) .

Hey, me too. I just can't justify complaining about the wait. Steve will get it done. *sigh*

The problem is that it is done. The special versions were shipped out a couple of days ago. He just thought it would be great to wait another couple of months before releasing the normal versions.

@the cunning linguists: I speak Italian (doh), good English, decent French, and can understand basic written Russian. I guess I can also more or less understand Spanish and Catalan, but that's a given in my country. And now let's merrily learn German. :p

The problem is that it is done. The special versions were shipped out a couple of days ago. He just thought it would be great to wait another couple of months before releasing the normal versions.

I want to say that's not the first time he's done that, but a more specific example has slipped my mind. I want to say a newer record was done like that too, maybe Fear of a Blank Planet, but I am not completely certain. I'm not surprised though, because I feel like he will make more money by doing that, in a time when music can seem frivolous to many people. All the die-hards will scoop it up ASAP so maybe by putting it off he thinks that some of the people on the fence will cave and just buy the special one instead of waiting. Thankfully, you have patience and I'm poor, so neither of us have anything to worry about. I still need Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun, and I'm thinking they might be Christmas presents.

not particularly relevant, but:

fail-owned-donkey-head-intimidation-fail.jpg

Listening to the new Guns N' Roses that arrived in my mailbox today.
So far it's pretty damn good. Worth 14 years of waiting, remains to be seen.
I hope the next one won't take this long tho.

^ that's interesting that you received a physical copy today
not available here(usa) until sunday the 23, only available at Best Buy
the few tracks i've heard are great, look forward to buying a copy in a couple of days

"GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Breaks MySpace Record - Nov. 21, 2008
According to NME.com, GUNS N' ROSES' new album "Chinese Democracy" has broken all records after being streamed on MySpace.
The album received around 25 listens a second up until today (November 21) after being streamed in full on the site yesterday (November 20).
Up until 4:00 p.m. (GMT) today, the title track had been played over 826,000 times, with the total amount of plays all the album tracks have received adding up to over 3 million"

I listened to the infamous leak a few months ago, a decent record, but nothing phenomenal.

I'm sure it will get it's budget back in no time :)

And that's what truly matters. :D

Also I finally finished the first season of Dexter. Two words: fucking awesome. Sorry I waited so long Matse.

Second season is great as well imo. The third one is kind of disappointing for me. It is the first one not based on a book so the storywriter changed. But of course, find out for yourself.

I have a problem. I am finding myself more more obsessed with Japanese cinema and I must admit that apart from Kurosawa's work, I haven't seen anything yet. I've read about different directors but i am on the lookout here to see if anyone could suggest a few names or movies?

^ Even though I am a big fan of Japanese culture and can speak Japanese, I actually haven't seen that many movies :p . Besides anime and Doramas, if that's your taste we can have a lengthy chat about that. If not, I'd recommend Ringu, Dark Water, and one about a newspaper that says when you're dead (that one is actually the best of the three I mentioned).