The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@rahvin: Uhh, I've already stopped a while ago and I even let princess have the last few words. Once in a while, I have a friendly jab with other dt forumers (and vice versa) and we're all fine and good to each other, but somehow princess takes it personally and begins the dish and kitchen-sink throwing. I'll apologize and say I'm sorry that I've hurt princess' e-feelings.

*commence hawt make-up secks*

Anyhow... whatever-fuck happened to this thread?

@rahvin: Uhh, I've already stopped a while ago and I even let princess have the last few words.

Well, "a while ago" being two days now, and about 24 hours before my message from last night. You can see how I could assume this wasn't over. Still, I know these things happen and you're both honest-to-God regulars, not to mention generally non-aggressive users. I just need you guys to stop, end of story.

Pft. I was having a major exam on June 1st, but the asses moved it a few days earlier. And i don't feel like studying at all. :/

Mermaid having trouble with xenobiology? Sorry we're so complicated. :( :)p)

I feel sick again. And faint. But whatever. Verizon (phone/cable) came by on Sunday. How's this for fun?

The come and install the cable and phone two weeks ago in the new apt. Three dudes, everything's working when they leave, but our wireless signal is kinda sucky. The initial wireless router doesn't quite work, so they had given us a replacement, which was consistent in its signal, but has range issues (like, from one end of the apartment to the other, you lose 3mb of download speed).

They come back Friday with guys from the company that manufactures the router, for 'half an hour, tops'. They show up at 11 am. They leave at 4:30pm. They ask to come back, because their router really is fuxxored. We initially say no, it's a pain in the ass.

Here comes Saturday. We get a call from Verizon. They reaeeeeeeeally want to come back, and they'll make it worth our while. They come back with 5 EE's, including the guy who designed the unit, all of whom are from Cali, and cancelled their flights the night before just to figure out what's wrong. Basically, if they can't solve the problem, they could lose their contract with Verizon. Aka, their money. Long story short, they sit there from 9 to 5 on Sunday, finally get everything working, take a whole bunch of units they tried out back to their labs for analysis, leave us with a working unit, probably (to be finalized) half a year of free access, and a check (for very, very much).

So, now I'm sick from being cooped up so long with a cold bug I knew I had come into contact with at the office, but with a bunch of extra cash, and a couple less bills to pay per month. I'm still thinking it was worth the tradeoff.

And the whole time she laughed, because it's a bunch of EE's trying to deal with a MechE problem (heat buildup in the routers).

~kov.

I have a date tonight.

With a girl.

Sexy blonde.

And I'm going to the beach this week. Ah, this freedom of being self-employed...

Sunday : I went to MortalFest '07. It was rather cool! Most bands were awesome, much better quality than I was expecting.

Also, most CDs and shirts were cheaper than usual!

Torture Appliances Exhibition: It was one lousy boring room with things we've all seen already.

Clothes: Nice clothing available for sale (Not at all my style); Runway Show was boring, except for one of the models being so completely covered with piercings and tattoos that I wondered if there was a face below them.

Plus, I met a gal.

Mermaid having trouble with xenobiology? Sorry we're so complicated. :( :)p)

I feel sick again. And faint. But whatever. Verizon (phone/cable) came by on Sunday. How's this for fun?

The come and install the cable and phone two weeks ago in the new apt. Three dudes, everything's working when they leave, but our wireless signal is kinda sucky. The initial wireless router doesn't quite work, so they had given us a replacement, which was consistent in its signal, but has range issues (like, from one end of the apartment to the other, you lose 3mb of download speed).

They come back Friday with guys from the company that manufactures the router, for 'half an hour, tops'. They show up at 11 am. They leave at 4:30pm. They ask to come back, because their router really is fuxxored. We initially say no, it's a pain in the ass.

Here comes Saturday. We get a call from Verizon. They reaeeeeeeeally want to come back, and they'll make it worth our while. They come back with 5 EE's, including the guy who designed the unit, all of whom are from Cali, and cancelled their flights the night before just to figure out what's wrong. Basically, if they can't solve the problem, they could lose their contract with Verizon. Aka, their money. Long story short, they sit there from 9 to 5 on Sunday, finally get everything working, take a whole bunch of units they tried out back to their labs for analysis, leave us with a working unit, probably (to be finalized) half a year of free access, and a check (for very, very much).

So, now I'm sick from being cooped up so long with a cold bug I knew I had come into contact with at the office, but with a bunch of extra cash, and a couple less bills to pay per month. I'm still thinking it was worth the tradeoff.

And the whole time she laughed, because it's a bunch of EE's trying to deal with a MechE problem (heat buildup in the routers).

~kov.

Haha damn I wished that'd happen to me :p .

I've a Japanese test on Saturday, if I win it and then win the oral test, guess what? I'll go to Japan!!!! :headbang: :kickass:

I'm reviewing some old stuff that I had forgotten, and I feel really motivated! :kickass:

Benkyoshimashyo benkyoshimashyo!!!

:)

@ Clad in the shadows: HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

I'm pretty sure she's no lad, now about the emo and goth adjectives, I think I'll have to wait and see. At least she doesn't wear much makeup.

Kov: Except for having a bunch of strangers working in your own home, that sound awesome. Just think of it this way:
ISP Boss says: "Dammit, Kov's got a problem with his connection. Send our leet engineering task force there immediately! We can't let him down!"

To tell you the truth, it sounds completely dull to me.

Well, if you expected strap-ons, anal rape and me taping that all - I'm so sorry to disappoint you :Smug:

Tried single malt last night - something REALLY good, that even I happened to like it. It carried me away (I just had ONE drink), and doesn't let go till now - wtf???