The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@hyena:

You did what needed to be done, and in a very civilized, even neat manner.

About loosing him in particular: It is a huge pity, but remember he was already taken anyway.

About being able to find someone else as cool as him: It is very possible that you will find someone, after all you are socializing with "the right people" in your environment.

Unfortunately, some questions will remain unanswered, you know which questions those are. The only thing I can tell you is that either the answers will be revealed, or the questions will eventually stop being as relevant as they seem to be right now.

About hurting him: Remember he's married, he does have someone who will be there for him when he feels down (even if he can't talk about this with her). His life is already arranged and he is not particularly away from happiness. His marriage, if dull, is also apparently stable. Soon he will continue with his life, maybe even have kids, etc. He's on the "right" path.

So, now that it's over (unless it was an emotional fake-up), stop worrying about him, and start caring about yourself. You don't need those feelings, you don't want that agony, so I suggest you unleash all your negative feelings in any way you see fit, such as crying, singing, growling, screaming, etc...

But after you do that, move on, and stop thinking about how amazing your life would have been with him, because you're not getting a life like that if you don't get over your present situation.

May the Hypercosmic Gods strengthen your essence, so that you can keep on pursuing your goal of developing your pectoral muscles.

1.Yes, then bear all the unfairness for now till the end of loneliness. (I'm guessing that's why you want to be in a relationship so badly.)

But not at all. I have lived entirely on my own - not even a roommate - for 7 years now, love being on my own, am not even particularly sociable in general. Hell, I don't even like most men, or women for that matter. If my problem was one of loneliness, I'd pick the first random good-looking guy who shows interest (these are not millions, but not zero either) and be done with it. It's not that I want to be in any relationship.

@afz: thank you, i now regret that i didn't vote for you. :p seriously now, your encouragement is one small step on the way to face the day with a modicum of optimism rather than total gloom. i am comforted by the fact that you see the point of my decision. i didn't scream, growl etc, but i got very drunk. now i feel miraculously ok-ish, however.

I want to say "Great, now you can start feeling better and move on," but I know it won't be that simple. All I can tell you is to hang in there. Something, or someone rather, will come your way.

In other news, apparently my brother is leaving for England and Ireland this weekend, for a two-week trip. Oxford->London->Dublin. So if anyone wants to be creepy and surprise him with nonsense or the like, feel free. (KC, you guys playing anything for the next two weeks?)

~kov.

Now will he? :erk:
Probabily at the time where you expected it last to happen, you will meet someone. I was also getting desesperate I´d never meet anyone great 1,5 year ago...

i know some people i thought would never get married/have a serious relationship, who did. My cousin was 30 or a little bit more the first time he actually presented his gf to his mom (he had some before that, but only non serious), and my godfather was around 40 when he got married.

Cheer up :wave: . I hope you will feel better soon. I am sure you will find someone.

Probabily at the time where you expected it last to happen, you will meet someone.

But it has to be when you expect it the least, mind you. So, whenever you tell yourself "I'm really not expecting anybody to come along right now, therefore he just might", you're expecting someone to come along as a consequence of not expecting him. Which means that the only time you're really not expecting anybody to come along is when you're expecting someone to come along the most, considering this is when we told you he won't.

But it has to be when you expect it the least, mind you. So, whenever you tell yourself "I'm really not expecting anybody to come along right now, therefore he just might", you're expecting someone to come along as a consequence of not expecting him. Which means that the only time you're really not expecting anybody to come along is when you're expecting someone to come along the most, considering this is when we told you he won't.
i meant when you're not thinking about it, or not really looking for someone. I wasnt at all thinking about having a relationship when i met Konrad, and i wasnt feeling good at that time.
Sorry i just came back from a long day at university and still have work to do. I need more sleep :zzz:

Why is there always, always whining?

I wonder if tehre's a discussion board for those with terminal deseases... I wonder if they whine nearly like that.

Get fucking over it already, y'all.

@Plinn, Why don't you avoid reading this thread as much as you'd avoid being an active member of a terminal [size=-9]spirit[/size] diseases board, then?

@Plinn, Why don't you avoid reading this thread as much as you'd avoid being an active member of a terminal [size=-9]spirit[/size] diseases board, then?

I don't read this thread, but short glance is enough to undesrtand what it's all about. Just look at those half-page posts... yeah...

We all experience difficulties in life, and communication can be of help, but the question remains: whining all the time - why?

There are so many reasons to be happy: it's spring = summer soon, Pirates 3 premiere in 6 hours, and I've got my test results today - I AM CLEAN.

But I'm about to catch something here... like chronic depression or some shit like that.

I fucking HATE all these, "Rampy"-s, "Mardy"-s and "Plinny"-s, I picked up fucking nickname to be associated with it, and it only, THE WAY IT'S SPELLED AND WRITTEN.

plintus

Not Plintus, not plin, not Plinn, not Plinny.

You are skewing the meaning of it, which means "like, you can't get any lower-er".

Thank yo.

Pirates 3.

Characters (!!! and not just Jack), acting, visuals, MUSIC!!!!

STORY.

And, of course, Captain Jack Sparrow.

I had my doubts (wtf - epic battles again, Cpt. Sparrow's grimaces, etc.) But it's clearly blown me away. Just another level for a "just a popcorn movie". Darker, too, strange it's got PG-13.

One more great trilogy.

Trilogy, though?

@hyena: Then what exactly do you look for in a relationship?

@afzy: Maybe plintus doesn't feel friendly enough for you call him plinty, now the question is: are you friendly enough with me so I can call you afzy?

@plintus: The reason for all the melancholy is that not everyone is as carefree as you or I or someone else somewhere. And plus, reading other people's emotional mishaps always gives +1 to your ego and thus -1 to your own sense of failure. Ego boost is always welcome in everyone. (I apologize to anyone dignified enough to feel offended by this.) There's also the poster who might get a sense of relieve from posting his sadness. It's a weird poster-feeds-reader-feeds-poster cycle.

Your nickname is hard to cutify, 6-stringy.. um.. fingies.

plintus: I am actually going to watch Potc3 as soons as it gets to the movie theatres around here, or maybe a few days before that.