The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@kennet: does your girlfriend live very far away from where you are? and what kind of job are you looking for?

good luck btw

Not to be offensive to other populaces or religions, but here's why I am glad I am not an Evangelical Protestant, especially an American one. Guidance for avoiding "sexual impropriety" from Bible.org:

funny Evangelicals said:
1. Desire is an alarm.

Like a proximity alarm. Action needs to be taken to avoid a collision.

2. Recognize you are vulnerable.

3. Watch your input.

4. Dress thoughtfully.

5. Watch your circumstances.

6. Think consequences.

7. Satisfy each other in marriage.

Proverbs 5:15-20 Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. [16] Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? [17] Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers. [18] May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. [19] A loving doe, a graceful deer-- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love. [20] Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?

8. Tell someone else.

9. Run away.

10. Rely on God’s Spirit.

Why do they need everything in 10 bullet points?

I do understand points 2 and 10 in a spiritual sense, and I do understand points 6 and 8 in a merely psychological sense, but "Run away"?

@rampy: well, it would certainly make sense if they were discussing rape, but i'm afraid it's not the case.

@RampageSword: Nah, I don't think it is related to rape. I guess those (crazy-arse) Evangelicals really think they should get the hell away from temptation.

And hyena: What's do you mean by "i don't care too much about anything anymore."? Or is it just a random line from a song?

@kov: yeah, while reading that text i thought back to what you said and seemed to understand it better.

as for the line - it's from a pulley song and while random it represents a state of emotional exhaustion. reckoning day is however nearer.

edit: the funniest thing happened with respect to my Internet bill: it was for some reason charged on the credit card of someone named Calogero La Gattuta, whom I absolutely don't know. I am now trying to make sense of what happened, even if I admit to being tempted to leave poor Calogero to pay my bills. :lol:

edit: the funniest thing happened with respect to my Internet bill: it was for some reason charged on the credit card of someone named Calogero La Gattuta, whom I absolutely don't know. I am now trying to make sense of what happened, even if I admit to being tempted to leave poor Calogero to pay my bills. :lol:

:headbang: nice

I wish it happened to us... but instead we were fooled by our previous ISP... we changed to go somewhere cheaper. The month before we left our previous ISP, we had to change our contract in order to have it to Konrad's name instead of the name of the friend that lived with him before i came here. And when We wrote the letter saying that we wanted to cancel our contract, they only accepted the cancellation of the telephon and not the internet (because the internet wasnt to our name). They never sent us a letter saying that only half of what we wanted was cancelled. So a few months afterwards, we received a bill from them, and first thought it was for something we haddnt yet payed from the old contract. Then more bills came, and we phoned them to ask why we got bills, and then they told us that only half of the contract was cancelled. Now we have to pay twice the internet since the old contract cant be cancelled before December.
We phoned them again, and this time they said we could sent them a letter saying that as we dont have the telephon there anymore, it was stupid to make us pay only for the internet, that we dont even have by them.... Still waiting for an answer by the way.

Calogero La Gattuta's part could be wonderfully performed by Adam Sandler -- or better, by Stefano Accorsi.

But why stop there? Yes. He should fight the Sicilian Mafia to get teh girl, ultimately managing to remain in good terms with them just for being a nice, funny, and compassionate guy (which he would prove by taking good care of Aunt Mezzina without knowing she's the Consiglieri's mother).

Well, I am starting to believe that he is just an alias for an influential Mafia figure. The idiots at the ISP's call center asked me, in this order, whether I was related to the guy, whether I knew the guy, and finally, to my amazement and badly suppressed laughter, who this guy was (sorry, what the fuck do I know? :lol:) . The best part was when I was redirected to some other call center operator who ended up trying to tell me that Calogero wasn't in their records at all as a customer, but actually told me "This La Gattuta character doesn't exist". Funniest phone company incident ever.

:lol: Actually Calogero would be Monk in greek. Add this to our already beautifully structured romantic comedy and you're set!

He has lost his faith in God and must regain it through his newly discovered love/lust for someone who happens to be a good Christian.

Also his paying her internets bills is an act of charity, as well as a declaration of love.