The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

@QRV: i'll PM you on the subject as soon as time allows. i hear you on the theme, but there's no need to be so dismal.

thanks, hyena. yeah, I guess I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's just I'm nervous and well, after all this is the third world and things here have a plus at sucking when it comes to employment.

I feel kinda weird, because I'm 24 and most of my friends graduated a couple years ago, some of them already got a certain financial independence and a few even married this last year. Yet I haven't even finished my studies and I'm facing a hard prospect of becoming a professor/investigator, which will require a constant flow of pointless, endless PhDs. *sigh* Seems I'm in for a hard time the next 5-6 years of my life.
i am turning 21 in October, and next year i have to start something new (because material science is more interesting than mineralogy )... still 5 more years to go... at least there are some credit points that are validated and i dont have to redo all the courses...

@siren: thanks :)

ehh, don't tell me about university...in a spree of utopic thinking i refused a spot in a lab where i could do my thesis, and now there's no availability for what i'm interested in it seems, and it is so hard to find another lab vaguely related to what i'd like to do :erk:

also i have a silly exam in september and i'm now trying to decipher(?) some notes that someone with only a vague idea of grammar wrote. the fact that no one apparently taught this guy/girl that not all alphabet letter are written like "o" doesn't help either.

i am adjusting haphazardly to jet lag. i managed to stay awake through the day of sunday (landed at 11.30 local, 5.30 US), had an early night and could function at the office yesterday. however, in an unanticipated turn of events, last night i literally could not stay awake past 11.20pm, collapsed on the bed, and now i'm up way too early, having woken up with a compulsion to listen to old therapy? records, which is always, for lack of a better word, really bad.

also, i was disappointed to find out that douglas coupland is gay. not to be a homophobe, which i am not, but you shouldn't be allowed to write j-pod and be gay. gay people are supposed to be more mature than us nerds. :p

Pft! I should be sleeping like a bird, but instead i'm wide awake. I'm trying to decide whether to go back to bed or start working. Oh yeah, and it's 11:40am, but i only slept at 6.

I've been a sometime insomniac for years but recently I've been sleeping from about 5 to 9, so now I can say I'm sleeping so what normally?
Its been very, very HOT here, with little rain, what rain we get does not cool things off but makes it more humid, its been in the mid 90sF or about 35C for metric users.
One of many things I'd like to see change in the US is for us to go to the metric system but have a feeling that will never happen? Unless our ape masters return to run things.

i answer here to not flood hyena's thread even more.

well, craxy was an instant classic. or craxxic, i don't know. which could also be the title for a movie featuring a berserk bionic version of the politician.

yes! i already imagine the suspence when the good and the bad versions finally meet, police snipers trying to identify the bad one from afar by the xx tattoed on his body, while he is about to disintegrate the good one with his laser eye.

we could make money with this.

Hiljainen said:
yes! i already imagine the suspence when the good and the bad versions finally meet, police snipers trying to identify the bad one from afar by the xx tattoed on his body, while he is about to disintegrate the good one with his laser eye.
we could make money with this.

entirely agreed. :lol: we'll need to buy off www.craxi.net (it actually exists) as a website for the movie launch. and we'll have to set up a mammoth advertising campaign centered around ominous posters shouting "they know the truth, but everyone thinks they're craxy" from every street corner.

Just one more week until I will see DT at the Summer Breeze festival. I hope they will play Archetype (I bet it would be awesome to see the expressions of those who have never heard the song) :Smug: (I hope it is not forbidden to talk about Archetype here). In case anyone else is coming, too and has the desire to meet me, PM me.
Another four weeks until my last year of school starts and everythings seems to be going well.
My new monitor should arrive next week (22'' ftw).
My biggest problem right now is the weather. It rains. I do not want it to rain at the festival.

Not so hilarious joke my mind just came up with:
You probably heard that they used the wind helicopters produce to get the water off the Wacken camping ground. At the Summer Breeze festival they will use Henriksson's windmill because it is 10x as effective as the helicopters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

looking for an appartment in a town quite far away from where you live is not fun at all :( And those damn people who have an appartment to rent should better answer their phone :mad:

thanks! i will need it, since i only got 3 appartments to see on the 10 or 12 i phoned for... always the answermachine, even on cellphones.

Tomorrow already sounds like fun: even more phonecalls... because we have to go at the beginning of this week there otherwise we have nowhere to stay for the night ...

And i hate making phonecalls, even more in german... because the sound on the phone is always weird and it makes it hard to understand what the people are saying to me :erk:

On one of the phonecalls, the guy who rent the appartment was from the Netherlands, and he has a really strong accent... it was awfull, imagine 2 non-native german speakers talking to each other on the phone :loco:
And i still didnt get the name of the street where the appartment is located. Actually its not even in Aachen, it is a small village nearby but in the Netherlands. So i guess we wont be taking this one. :lol: . I should call the poor guy to cancel the visit.

I have a love-hate relationship with Dark Passion Play (yeah, fitting. :p ). I loathe the record, since it has nothing to do with Nightwish. And I get VERY emotional about Nightwish, as a rule. However, if you forget for a second that you're not listening to the same band that delivered Ever Dream and Away, it's a decent record, or at least one that doesn't bore me to death after four listens. Some songs are even good, without coming by any means anywhere close actually making the listener feel something - they're just good in a bounce around/sing along kind of way.

I think the band should change their name. It's really too hard on us fans.

Midnightwish?

Couldn't get to listen to it - all about new As I Lay Dying and Devildriver (the latter is fucking mean and angry, just what I need =)

And Norah Jones sucked :/