The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

The amount of old regulars with nothing better to do on a semi-festive night is indeed a little daunting. Think back of all the times you thought "Oh well, the DT forum is ok but who knows what magical places I'll be three years from now!". Bet you don't feel so hip and cool anymore, huh?

What? It's my feelgood post for the night.

I can picture us all 40 years from now, with white hair and whatnot, still posting on this very same forum and marvelling at old members coming back.

And you thought you could escape, ha ha ha. :p

I can picture us all 40 years from now, with white hair and whatnot, still posting on this very same forum and marvelling at old members coming back.
Don't forget you said this!

I just went back and looked at some old posts to see some of the other people I remember. Some that I recognized quickly are The Grand Wazoo, Naku, Steve (I see he was banned, which doesn't surprise me), Thanatos...

Those are just some for now. So I am expecting to see all of them except for Steve to post by tomorrow AM.

I just spotted Qsilver lurking. This is getting more and more absurd by the minute.

I still talk to Thanatos, so it wouldn't surprise me if i saw him come by.

I've been lurking a bit more often lately, maybe once a week or so :)
Need something to do when i just can't get any sleep which is happening too much lately for some reason.
Anyway, hi to everyone.

yeah, i concur with kov, and add that probably, since - as ian.de reminded us - we are on a death metal forum, we need to post more on the night of the living dead.

help me with the headcount of the revenants: magsec4, tebus, rei toei, qsilver (although he doesn't really count, he posted once a few weeks ago), northern lights, wolfman von jones. am i missing someone?

let's compile a list of old faces we'd like to return and send them emails. :p

@rahvin: i guess so, yes. :p

tidbit i can supply in the way of information on old regulars: dark_jester is teaching law in Warsaw.

Fine, i'll bug Luis to post. :p

Yes, D_J is officially a professor now. The level of this forum's members (old and new) is quite surprising to be honest, i might be wrong but i don't think all the metal communities have such a high level.

Someone should start a thread where we can just tell ourselves just how great we really are. I would do it myself but it is beneath my dignity. :danceboy:

Oh yeah D_J I remember! Glad he got his degree!

A couple others are Incendiare and Onyx. I actually sent a PM to Incendiare, but I think Onyx isn't on anymore.

On a side note, I just got out of a 6.5 hour exam so I am feeling TANfastic.

on the other hand my level is so low that i wonder what i'm doing here.

oh, come on, you have the best sense of humor evah.

and even if it didn't count, and you were only referring to your professional status as a student, let me quote very old sentenced: it's only temporary :p

D_J a prof??!?! God I miss that silly bastard. Well good for him I remeber he was in a state of post grad limbo for awhile. I'm going to academy in January then after about 4 months I'll be a full time officer of the law. Watch out ;).

Nick

i sort of was informed this morning that all my sturm-and-dranging of last summer (check june-july posts on this very thread for details) was a garden-variety case of you're not good enough. it's like russian roulette, except it's not the barrel rolling, but the targets. :p

I feel absolutely blissful. It seems to be a periodic phenomenon with cycles of 4-5 years. It's called 'DT gig'.

:)