The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

Plintus: You're one sick fuck. I'm even more convinced you're David Koresh. You know he actually had a hard rock band at one point?

I just got done with some Christmas shopping and eating some awesome Mid-eastern food :D.

Nick

I have no idea, but we never talked after, so that was the only one-night stand in my life. Yeah, I managed at least double-fuck other... females.

Ha, who was YOUR first? That boy on school chess team? :p

plintus said:
I have no idea, but we never talked after, so that was the only one-night stand in my life. Yeah, I managed at least double-fuck other... females.
Well you better watch out.. I've seen your dog lurk around the forum as a guest and read every now and then.
You've heard the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".
..I'd hate to imagine what you'd be up against in the case of a bitch scorned :p

plintus said:
Ha, who was YOUR first? That boy on school chess team? :p
Bobby?
Nah! He would've been too clever in anticipating my every move
wink.gif

I hate Tootsie Rolls. How can anyone like them? How can everyone like any of those abominations Americans created as copies of German candy. American food is a copy of the food of every country in the world made worse plus some unhealthy stuff like burgers and a coke (Well, a good burger is actually pretty tasty).

Just felt like telling the world my opinion about eating in America.

@matse: while generally a fan of America, under that respect I am really glad I'm going back to Italy tomorrow. if it wasn't for Wolfman, I wouldn't have had a single decent meal in a restaurant since I landed. And while I tried to cook as frequently as possible, it just wasn't worth it to buy spices, condiments etc that I would be forced to throw away before leaving, so it had to stay quite simple. I am so going to spend the whole of Wednesday cutting truffles. :p

@hyena: Since you reminded me of my foolish purchase of a Monstrosity record in the other thread, I looked it up and soon realized they must have picked song titles using some sort of random function... For instance, all titles work a lot better if you shift the first part one track down, see:

1. Darkest Doom
2. Imperial Inquisition
3. Definite Void
4. Ceremonial Malignancy
5. Immense Mental Thirst
6. Vicious Evil
7. Burden of Infinity
8. Horror Cremation
9. Final Dream

Awww...
*gives DoC a tootsie roll and lets him go outside to play*

Thanks! Seriously, I don't even think you're feigning condescension. I wish the show was on the ground, I would go play in it. Snow is my favorite weather-related phenomenon, always has been since I was young(er). I'll be the guy that cuts class to play in the snow, not because I'm afraid of it.

I actually like Tootsie Pops, the sugar candy part isn't too bad. American food is what it is, and I don't mind it. That isn't to say I regularly eat (or enjoy) fast food and the culture surrounding it, there is good food to be had. Unfortunately it has to be found.

@rahvin: "immense mental thirst" is teh win. and we should play this game for more records. :p

nf: OMG.

looks like i've been shortlisted for a position i didn't apply for (well, it's weird, but can be explained easily).

pros:

1. very cool job description, means going back to doing development and poverty studies - i have been away from that for a while, but it's something close to my heart, and by the by i have exactly the CV these people are looking for, which explains the shortlisting.

2. it's one year only, which means that i can keep my current job, taking a single year of leave. now, i don't want to change jobs forever, so this is all well and good.

3. nice location, very reputable university - and at that, i cannot wait to spend one year doing research only, instead of research + institutional activity.

cons:

1. the gross salary is lower than my current net, which is a bit baffling. however, if there is uni accommodation the balance might be fair.

2. they want me to start asap and i definitely cannot before may (surgery, rehabilitation, finding tenant for my flat, and also i am going to be eligible for promotion in april, for fiscal-pension reasons i'd better leave after getting the promotion, not before). i guess that if i say that i'm not free until may they will just junk me, good CV or not.

3. when traveling, i always plan to go back in rome and settle down, then something comes up that is always somewhere else and always temporary. i always want to go, but this is probably just a way of running away from the inability to find a fair balance where i am.

both pro and con (with added OMG's for effect)

1. it's in oxford. and so is the guy i've been incessantly rambling about for the last year. OMGOMGOMG.

eww. until jan 7th to decide.

Congratulations to the offer. Good luck with the decision, I hope you will make the choice that leaves you a bit happier afterwards.

I hate Tootsie Rolls. How can anyone like them? How can everyone like any of those abominations Americans created as copies of German candy. American food is a copy of the food of every country in the world made worse plus some unhealthy stuff like burgers and a coke (Well, a good burger is actually pretty tasty).

Just felt like telling the world my opinion about eating in America.

tootsie rolls are gross. The only things i miss from american food is Mountain Dew,the boxes of Mac and cheese, maple sirup (for pancakes and oathmeal), and the burritos made in the city i lived in for 9 months (its not even american...). But i found a german website that imports these (exept for teh burritos of course) as well as some other products... i will probabily not being able to afford buying mountain dew very often, but i am still glad i can buy some from thime to time :)

The only things i miss from american food is Mountain Dew

I find this amazing. I drink Mountain Dew almost every day, I just had some about an hour ago for lunch. I thought it would be a well-traversed product. That stuff is so bad for you though, way too much sugar... I could lose 15 pounds if I canned that habit.

Also, have you tried importing maple syrup from Canada? Its more real (it actually comes from trees, not flavored corn syrup) than the fake sugary stuff most US supermarkets carry, and it tastes better (to me).