The new chat thread - now with bitter arguing

nf: revenge on american food ftw!

i did sleep a fair bit (went to bed at 8.30pm, woke up around 5). and now, fueled by the excuse according to which it's after all just past dinner time overseas, i am exacting sweet retribution for the month of godawful food by breakfasting on croque-monsieur with gruyere cheese, smoked salmon on a bed of lemon and spinach leaves, a single spoon of beluga on whole grain toast, and clementines-and-apples fruit salad. with sugar, since i am at heart a seven year old. plus abundant freshly squeezed oranges and bona fide coffee. all of this, while listening to tarja turunen's rendition of schubert's ave maria. which goes to show that for all the effort fates are putting in making my life underpar, i'm honoring manowar's teaching and fighting back. :p

edit: dark_silence, if you can't sleep then take a (vine) leaf from my book and concentrate on food.

nf: revenge on american food ftw!
i did sleep a fair bit (went to bed at 8.30pm, woke up around 5). and now, fueled by the excuse according to which it's after all just past dinner time overseas, i am exacting sweet retribution for the month of godawful food by breakfasting on croque-monsieur with gruyere cheese, smoked salmon on a bed of lemon and spinach leaves, a single spoon of beluga on whole grain toast, and clementines-and-apples fruit salad. with sugar, since i am at heart a seven year old. plus abundant freshly squeezed oranges and bona fide coffee. all of this, while listening to tarja turunen's rendition of schubert's ave maria.

You know you can find all this stuff here in America :p.

Siren said:
i'm so drunk i can't read the post above. but i outbid the old chick for 200$.

Red, you're awesome :lol:. I didnt even know you drank enough to get drunk :kickass:

You know you can find all this stuff here in America :p.

I know, but mostly I was taken out to eat in dives by my colleagues. You were the one shining point of light. :p Also, while it's true that all of that can be bought in America, it's just not the same thing - for one, here I have real cookers instead of electrical ones, a spacious kitchen etc, which makes the experience more pleasant.

Red, you're awesome :lol:. I didnt even know you drank enough to get drunk :kickass:

Yeah, the comment was pretty hilarious. :lol:

However, I laughed harder when I read that. My computer goes off when I drink. Not that what you wrote is bad, but I've seen the hilarious horror that is drunken forum posting (as many have), and embarrassing personal feelings can lead to silly internet drama. Then again, there are those with no shame. :p
Well, that's easy. I have no shame. :p
Seriously, i was trying to stay awake till i sobered up, so being online was a good idea. Turns out i'm funnier when i'm drunk. :p

Haha thanks! I don't drink often, but when i do i like to go with a bang. :lol:

nf: bloody depressed. the condition of my back says no weightlifting for an indeterminate amount of time :cry: the only thing on me that doesn't look like shit and well, it's going to do so in a few short months.

@hyena: i'm sure that's not the only thing that looks good on you. and you said you swim, so that will help you stay fit. :)

nf: bloody depressed. the condition of my back says no weightlifting for an indeterminate amount of time :cry: the only thing on me that doesn't look like shit and well, it's going to do so in a few short months.

Nah, keep it to cardio to keep the weight off. It wont do much for muscle tone, but I dont have all the answers :p. I also never heard anyone say the only thing that doesnt look like shit on them is their back :p. Buck up, it could be worse:)

Nick

Running might be hard on lower back though, so is rowing, I think (never get to try, actually).

Back? Huh! Try to get rid of those "love handles" - those memories haunt me.

@everyone: thanks for the support. what i meant is that my body (as in muscle tone) does look good atm, but it will probably not do so in a while, and it's fucking annoying because it took me almost 4 years to get where i am today. swimming bores me, but i'll have to make do - while it does, to a point, control the weight, it's generally not as effective as mammoth amounts of weightlifting. also, there is a point about psychological stability: since i have had to quit the lifting (about 40 days ago), i'm constantly irritated at everything and anything. in order to become as relaxed as i was before by mere swimming, i should do 2hrs per day in the pool, which i don't have. anyway, nick, you're right that it could be worse, so i'll quit whining.

@doc: oh the idealism. :)

@hyena: :)

I can't wait for the next two weeks to be over. College finals are nothing like high school finals. Much, much harder, and I'm kicking myself for not being more prepared. Classes I felt prepared for, but this week is unlike anything I've experienced...

I took a spill last night and fell on my head. I got out of the hospital at 2am, my head hurts, my hand hurts, I'm still nauseous, and my face looks like shit. (If it makes you feel any better, hyena :p)

DoC: Hang in there, bro. You just keep doing what you have to do, especially since you said a lot of it is riding on your pocket.

hyena: If you take care while exercising, there are still a lot of weight routines you can do:
Bicep curls while laying down on a soft bench.
Tricep dips off the edge of a couch (without falling on your bum, obviously, which would be bad bad for you back)
Shoulder lifts while laying face-down on a inclined bench.
Chest "fly" lifts with arms extended throughout (to allow good exercise from lower weights, which won't put pressure on your back)

Siren said:
i'm so drunk i can't read the post above. but i outbid the old chick for 200$.
$200 Hmm..

Do I hear $250.. :p

DoC: Hang in there, bro. You just keep doing what you have to do, especially since you said a lot of it is riding on your pocket.

I appreciate it. :)

Financial aid is another big thing. That stress is probably the worst of all. Bills come out in a few weeks and I still don't know what I'm going to owe. I can work with the department on campus, but only to a point. I'll be feeling a lot better when that's resolved as well.

Feels like its all coming to a head at once, and after Christmas I'll finally be able to relax. I know, I might have been a bit nieve but high school was never a problem for me, I graduated Magna cum Laude and I was in the top 15 of my class of 289 (kinda small, I know). I'm not trying to show off, just illustrate my point - I always thought I had education in the bag. Surprises...

@mags: yes yes, you're right. however, powerlifting is all about being bigger and stronger and better than (a) yourself (b) everyone else in your gender and your weight class in the same gym and gyms all over the place. this cannot be done on a bad back.

$200 Hmm..

Do I hear $250.. :p
1...2...3...sold!

How did you fall? Get better soon, pal.

@mags: yes yes, you're right. however, powerlifting is all about being bigger and stronger and better than (a) yourself (b) everyone else in your gender and your weight class in the same gym and gyms all over the place. this cannot be done on a bad back.
Are you sure you want to look bigger and stronger than all the women in the world??

@siren: well. not in the way that bodybuilders do, that's just freaky, or at least that's my opinion. but there is a certain type of athletic body which i'm not ready to forego just yet. plus, there is all this torment in my head about having to generally switch from fire and earth to air and water. it sounds kind of new age, i don't want to be new age.

@nick: worry not, i guess you're already stronger than all women. :p