The new In Flames songs.

I really like RTR and STYE, and I really, really hated CC. The rest of their catalog is just meh.
And that Abnegation song is just beyond shit.

Having heard all the records, I still prefer RTR and Soundtrack (mostly because I really connected with it when I was at the metalcore-etc-stage).

I think it sounds as if they´ve tried to copy the bands who copied themselves.

i clapped at this statement. you just summed up what in flames has become. i bet if anders made a playlist of what he was listening to right now it would be:

killswitch engage
as i lay dying
bullet for my valentine
etc
etc
etc
etc

Myspace link doesn't work. The Mirror's Truth is horrible especially because of the singing.

In Flames best album has to be "Lunar Strain" followed by "Subteranean". The Jester Race is awesome but not nearly as inspired as the earlier albums. Then it is all downhill from there.

I know In Flames went downhill on RTR, STYE and CC but stop saying they are terrible. Is there an OK band beside Opeth?? I love In Flames. Especially Colony(My favorite record of all-time), Whoracle, Jester Race, Clayman. The new songs are actually a step in the good direction. THe only weak point is Anders' voice. Stop saying they are nu-metal! I hate when people never listened to a record and say this band is metalcore , this band is nu-metal, not a real metal band. In Flames plays gothenburg and this is the way they will always be. They added some experimental stuff on their last couple of albums but this is still gothenburg.

I know In Flames went downhill on RTR, STYE and CC but stop saying they are terrible. Is there an OK band beside Opeth?? I love In Flames. Especially Colony(My favorite record of all-time), Whoracle, Jester Race, Clayman. The new songs are actually a step in the good direction. THe only weak point is Anders' voice. Stop saying they are nu-metal! I hate when people never listened to a record and say this band is metalcore , this band is nu-metal, not a real metal band. In Flames plays gothenburg and this is the way they will always be. They added some experimental stuff on their last couple of albums but this is still gothenburg.

"Is there an OK band beside Opeth??" Sure there is.

In Flames have totally simplified their music and sound like nu-metal more than anything else. If anything they are a diluted form of the Gothenburg sound. The worse part is Anders whiny singing. Not sure what you mean by "experimental stuff" but they seem to have added loads of mosh-core and screamo influences.

they are completley nu-metal. 3 minute songs, simple song structure (verse*scream*-chorus*sing*-verse*scream*), sell-out album art to identify them as the same look of the used or some other shit band.

this isnt gothenburg, this is L.A.

You oubviously never listened to a nu-metal record. Their's a difference between a sellout band and a nu-metal band. It seems that when a band gets commercial succes and decide to make easy music it's nu-metal! So Dark Tranquillity is nu-metal???they do the intro/verse/chorus/verse, etc thing. They are more popular than ever. Children of Bodom is nu-metal too right. This is funny.

^
you have it all wrong, my friend.

personally, i wouldnt care if in flames started doing polka...as long as it's good, im fine with it. but this is just...shit. i dont hear anything original there and it's annoying. this band used to write great tunes with excellent riffs inspired by nordic folk. they had character. they had amazing solos with feeling.

if i feel like listening to nu-metal, i spin korn or mudvayne...meaning, the originals. not in flames, who is, unfortunately, a cheap copy.

it's fine with me if you enjoy it, though, of course

You oubviously never listened to a nu-metal record. Their's a difference between a sellout band and a nu-metal band. It seems that when a band gets commercial succes and decide to make easy music it's nu-metal! So Dark Tranquillity is nu-metal???they do the intro/verse/chorus/verse, etc thing. They are more popular than ever. Children of Bodom is nu-metal too right. This is funny.

Dark Tranquility = Iron Maiden + Superficial 'Aggression' + 'Introspective' Lyrics

In other words, Dark Tranquility = Papa Roach.

just bashers around here, huh?

Oh come on, give them a chance. CC album was shit but their new songs (from the EP) put everything back to RTR in place. Just listen to it more carefully. More leads, more harmonies..there are similarities to Clayman if you have a closer look.

Anyway, there is no way you would step back if you've already reached a high level of popularity. And I think the new songs are catchy but not "sellout-sounding" in any way. Anders voice has really evolved and emotions are carried far better now.

Just have yourself in mind "there won't be a jesterrace 2". Everything from Clayman on is a natural progression in my eyes. They're doing the right thing and it's far from shit music.