In Flames

Blue_Jay

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2006
Texas, United States
www.myspace.com
Well since Opeth fans sometimes tend to like In Flames I thought I might go ahead and post an In Flames thread in here since I can't seem to find one anywhere. Since I can't find one anywhere that is probably a really bad sign but anyways. These guys are one of the most popular sweden metal bands right now. They are more popular than Opeth by a huge ammount (I am shocked over this actually since Opeth deserves as much air time as In Flames). But anyways my thoughts about In Flames are they rock in an amazing way and is the most unique metal band in history. What do you guys think about them.

I only disliked Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and Reroute To Remain. Everything else rocks. What do y'all think.

theyre far from "unique". they werent the first gothenburg band, and they certainly wont be the last. however credit is due, in the fact that they created their own little niche within that realm and did quite well with it for a good deal of time. i respect them as musicians, and for what they have done...and as much as soundtrack to your escape was a festering turd of a record...i think reroute was an important release for them, and will always keep an ear open for whatever they do in the future.

and for the record...the jester race is only an amazing record for those with no imagination. colony absolutely annhilates it.

Colony and clayman are better than jester race, didnt really get the fuss about it. Having said that, I like In Flames, I think they have some nice moments, but saying that they are the most unique metal band in history....wtf?

I think they are. Never heard a single band that sounds like them thus far. The Jester Race sounds good but you need to let it grow on you. The Jester Race is one of those time lets you like it albums.

And ummm not sure what I should suggest for you Keith. Maybe Bullet Ride. The guitars there remind me a lot of Opeth.

I'd say if you want one song to change your opinion on them it'd probably be December Flower, it's not my favourite and I think they have other songs just as good but something about really is very special.

My Favourite albums are Clayman and Whoracle, favourite songs Morphing into Primal, Pinball Map, Clayman, Swim and a few others. Not a lot from the last three albums though, apart from System, and Crawl Trough Knives is tremendous song, should have been the title track on Clarity.

I used to love them but the last two albums have been dirge, with perhaps four good tracks between them, they've still got talent but they become more and more generic with each release, since Clayman anyhow.

Even though I think he deserves appreciation for what he did for the band, they need to lose Anders, bring back Jocke Gothenburgh, Jesper works with him in Dimension Zero.

Good band and pretty dammed influential, not the best at what they do, but credit where credit's due, and they could be great again.

Funny, I just got back in an In Flames phase since yesterday and have been listening to Reroute to Remain and Colony. I have all their albums and I think Colony is the best, my favorite song off of the record is Zombie Inc. It is definitely close to being a 10 star, but has some unmemorable moments imo.

I think The Jester Race is very good, mostly because the consistency of all the songs being very well done. Also it has a rawer sound and takes some bold new directions for a death metal band. My favorite song of that album is December Flower.

Btw, Come Clarity sucks. :)

I liked everything up to Whoracle. Lunar Strain, Subterranean, The Jester Race, Black Ash Inheritance, and Whoracle itself were all great. Then they dropped a massive turd with Colony, and went downhill quickly with each following album. They really haven't gotten any better. Colony had a few good songs, as did later albums, but they don't even compare to the awesomeness of the original ones. (All imo, of course.)

In Flames were one of the first proper metal bands I started listening to and I still enjoy them a lot. They are accessible but not in a mindless or bland way (which is why they are a good gateway band really). Clayman is the last release that I liked. I respect them for realising that they had stagnated on that album and that it was time for a change (unlike some other melo-death bands that keep on churning out cookie cutter melo-death ad naseum) but they just didn't pull it off.

They're not a band that I pay attention to anymore but I still like their old output, especially Whoracle, Jester Race and Colony.

I like In Flames. They released some great albums (Jester's Race, Whoracle, and Colony), with some great songs. My favorites are December Flower, Dead Eternity, The Hive, Zombie Inc. and Ordinary Story.

I like some In Flames... I have the Jester Race and Whoreacle because I like both of those records. I had Clayman ... but I returned it because it just didn't do anything for me after a few attempts. I have not sampled their entire catalog to be fair... and I haven't listened to either record in about a year so it's probably time to dust them off. I do remember thinking that Whoreacle seemed like it was linked to the Jester Race... like a Jester Race 2 or pt. 2 but that may not hold up if I listen to them again. I'll try to do that in the next week or so.