In Flames

NineFeetUnderground said:
theyre far from "unique". they werent the first gothenburg band, and they certainly wont be the last. however credit is due, in the fact that they created their own little niche within that realm and did quite well with it for a good deal of time. i respect them as musicians, and for what they have done...and as much as soundtrack to your escape was a festering turd of a record...i think reroute was an important release for them, and will always keep an ear open for whatever they do in the future.

and for the record...the jester race is only an amazing record for those with no imagination. colony absolutely annhilates it.

pretty much,,,yup. I prefer whoracle and colony over the rest

and for the record...above just about ANY metal band i can think of...In Flames is on a completely different level of melodics than most bands. even dark tranquillity whom most people compare them too, and nowadays favor over in flames...cant touch them in that department and are much more linear with their melodies. In Flames has always achieved that thick, epic "larger than life" melodic and harmonized approach. ill always respect them for that.

Only for the Weak is tremendous song also.

Amen to that!!! That's my 4th favorite off their Clayman album. Clayman to me is just plain asstounding. My 2nd favorite album. My only problem is how they outtro each song into the next song in a disorrientated way. I got used to the disorientation though and it became my 2nd favorite album from them. My favorite albums in order from them is
1. The Jester Race 2. Clayman 3. Colony 4. Soundtrack To Your Escape 5.Come Clarity 6. Whoracle 7. Reroute To Remain and 8. Lunar Strain/Subterranean. Only the last two albums I picked I didn't like. If I had to pick my top 5 In Flames songs it'll go like this 1. Moonshield 2. Dial 595 Escape 3. Bullet Ride 4. Lord Hypnos and 5. Borders And Shading.

Ps: On Soundtrack To Your Escape I hated the first half and loved the last half.

too bad in flames has there head up there asses.... totally disregarding their prime material. all they play at headlining gigs is STYE, R2R, and CC songs. I think they throw in like...Graveland or Behind Space..and that's about it. for older material. assholes.

the_drip said:
too bad in flames has there head up there asses.... totally disregarding their prime material. all they play at headlining gigs is STYE, R2R, and CC songs. I think they throw in like...Graveland or Behind Space..and that's about it. for older material. assholes.

most bands do that. why should in flames be an exception? most their fanbase doesnt like the older material as much, or isnt as familiar. bands typically play more current material, because its always a priority for them, not to mention they get sick of playing the same songs over and over.

metal_wrath said:
Funny, I just got back in an In Flames phase since yesterday and have been listening to Reroute to Remain and Colony. I have all their albums and I think Colony is the best, my favorite song off of the record is Zombie Inc. It is definitely close to being a 10 star, but has some unmemorable moments imo.

I think The Jester Race is very good, mostly because the consistency of all the songs being very well done. Also it has a rawer sound and takes some bold new directions for a death metal band. My favorite song of that album is December Flower.

Btw, Come Clarity sucks. :)

10 star :lol:

Im a big in flames fan. However i do take issue with some peoples attittudes to the pre jester race stuff. A lot of people i know think that lunar strain et all are the best that in flames put out and it couldnt be further from the truth. I just cant bare to listen to those albums very often simply because of the awful production quality on them. How people think that these albums are so good is beyond me but saying that, music is subjective and everyone differs. I guess my favourite in flames album would be clayman. The title track and Square Nothing being my favourites on the album. I also managed to see them play over here in march. It was their first ever irish show and they even done a signing seission and i got to meet them. Really nice guys i must say especially anders and bjorn. The gig itself was amazing and they're playing again over here in november!!! I cant wait!!!

most bands do that. why should in flames be an exception? most their fanbase doesnt like the older material as much, or isnt as familiar. bands typically play more current material, because its always a priority for them, not to mention they get sick of playing the same songs over and over.

unfortunately for them it makes for a stale boring performance. The first time I saw them live was during the Clayman tour (supporting iced earth :erk: ) it was nothing short of amazing. and the 2 times I've seen them after that have been sub par...just boring shows.

the_drip said:
unfortunately for them it makes for a stale boring performance. The first time I saw them live was during the Clayman tour (supporting iced earth :erk: ) it was nothing short of amazing. and the 2 times I've seen them after that have been sub par...just boring shows.

i saw them on that tour. indeed a better set than these days. i also saw them in 1999 with nevermore and shadows fail. that was probably their best show and best set ive seen them so far. however i did see them during the reroute tour, and i enjoyed that set a lot...but probably because it was free of any soundtrack to your escape faggotry.

i saw them on that tour. indeed a better set than these days. i also saw them in 1999 with nevermore and shadows fail. that was probably their best show and best set ive seen them so far. however i did see them during the reroute tour, and i enjoyed that set a lot...but probably because it was free of any soundtrack to your escape faggotry.

lol ''Shadows Fail''

theyre far from "unique". they werent the first gothenburg band, and they certainly wont be the last. however credit is due, in the fact that they created their own little niche within that realm and did quite well with it for a good deal of time. i respect them as musicians, and for what they have done...and as much as soundtrack to your escape was a festering turd of a record...i think reroute was an important release for them, and will always keep an ear open for whatever they do in the future.

and for the record...the jester race is only an amazing record for those with no imagination. colony absolutely annhilates it.
my god, i actually agree with nfu:OMG: