The New Meshuggah - obZen

old user1

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2005
Sooooo, I know it's been leaked, though I personally haven't d/led it. I'm a pretty big fan of Meshuggah, and I was just wondering if anyone here has heard the new stuff.

So, what's the verdict?

Rorix

I did d/l it yes, but I'm gonna buy it when it comes out so...

Although I have yet to listen to it all, it's pretty more energetic than usual Meshuggah. Awesome stuff.

It's good. Combustion is the most meh track imhoiirc. ObZen's first riff is fucking crushing.

I agree with the energetic comments.. Definitely some more pace to it.. And greater complexity in the riffing, melodically and technically.

Pretty decent album.

And can i go anywhere without that moron Ron Paul getting in my face? Why would you brag about never restricting guns and not regulating the internet? Ridiculous.

there are like 3 or 4 really tragically unattractive UM students who are big on ron paul and who apparently have no friends or family since they were in front of a shopping mall at 3 pm on christmas eve waving ron paul placards-on-sticks [RON PAUL REVOLUTION!]. it would almost be a boon if ron paul magically became president so he would end the federal student aid program, cutting off the fat blue haired girls source of food, forcing her to lose weight.

It doesn't really say anything about his taste to say a band is overrated. Either he likes them, and thinks they are overrated because other people like them more than he does, or hates them and thinks the same.

obzen fucking rules

the most immense crushers are the first song, bleed, and the end part of the last song