The News Thread

Because there was nothing in your post that was out of line with mine. Your post was accurate, imo. We have different political opinions, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading a lot of what you post. I'm not some SJW, if that's what you think. I'm sympathetic to minority activists and view many of their opinions to be in line with those of poor whites. A wealthier community is one in which all have economic opportunity. I think that the failure of African-American (I don't like this term, but it's the most accurate for distinguishing the children of slaves) economic assimilation is a two-way street. One side of the street, however, has potholes that the other one doesn't have. These two points aren't contradictory, but the far-right and far-left think otherwise.

Well I appreciate that clarification. I agree that money is color blind, and therefore class is also. I'm sympathetic to legitimate race and/or class based complaints. I just don't think most are legitimate, and the ones that are can't be solved by absolutely any additional government policy, only the rolling back thereof.

I don't see anything wrong with how Beyonce dressed at the super bowl. Who gives an f what she was wearing, even if it had some minor similarities with black panthers even. Although I will stress minor.

And I know someone's going to come back with "what if white people were wearing white robes". It's different, no matter how much you want to believe it's not different. black panthers never enslaved white people, or had public executions, or forced segregation, or any of that shit. It's still protected under free speech either way, so I'm ok with them wearing white robes actually. It would just reflect poorly on them and let the world know they're regressive af.

I just don't see how this story is on the news Still, and people are planning "anti-Beyonce" protests in front of NFL headquarters over this. There's probably some underlying issues in these people they need to sit down and have a hard look at.

Comparing the Black Panthers to the KKK is ludicrous, but its not surprising given how fucking retarded that particular demographic is.

The comparison is in that both were racist organizations. That's simply fact. Of course, facts are always seen as ludicrous when you're an SJW.

That's about where the similarities end. It's a faulty comparison. It's like saying the American military in ww2 was similar to the nazi military because they were both military organizations. Different principles, different actions, so on, so forth.

Not even sure why you're giving it any attention. All the responses I read are "oh my god her legs were showing this is a family event" type mantra which is the silliest and stupid white complaints of all time.

What I didn't really know until this 'controversy' came out is the latest BLM victim. Dude stabs a few/1 person and gets shot. The people the black community support is mind boggling.

Not even sure why you're giving it any attention. All the responses I read are "oh my god her legs were showing this is a family event" type mantra which is the silliest and stupid white complaints of all time.

Because it was all over the news while I was at lunch with a black friend of mine a couple hours ago. It was a topic of discussion.

That's about where the similarities end. It's a faulty comparison. It's like saying the American military in ww2 was similar to the nazi military because they were both military organizations. Different principles, different actions, so on, so forth.

So you're saying the Black Panthers weren't a racist organization?

Edit: BTW I don't give two shits about what Beyonce does.

The first object of the KKK upon its founding was to protect and help war widows/orphans. Obviously the KKK was pro-white and the BPP was pro-black.

Yes.. they were both racist in that regard. I never denied such. Actions speak louder than words however. Compare the actions of the KKK to the actions of the BPP. In that way they were not similar. Also their goals were not similar, again. One being to acquire rights, the other being to destroy someone else's rights. Which one is more American, to acquire rights or to destroy them? Which one had the more just cause here? The BPP was simply a reaction to the atrocities that had already happened for centuries against blacks. Non-violent demonstrations were often ineffective at that point, more of their people were being killed and so they had to react.

The BPP was simply a reaction to the atrocities that had already happened for centuries against blacks. Non-violent demonstrations were often ineffective at that point, more of their people were being killed and so they had to react.

One can always find excuses to justify things. I'm sure when we start looking at the shades of gray we could find evidence to suggest that the BPP wasn't "as bad", but I don't see why this comparison is the one that suddenly warrants seeing shades of gray. I thought racism be racism.

One can always find excuses to justify things. I'm sure when we start looking at the shades of gray we could find evidence to suggest that the BPP wasn't "as bad", but I don't see why this comparison is the one that suddenly warrants seeing shades of gray. I thought racism be racism.

"excuses" yeah you're finding excuses to justify in your mind a comparison between a centuries old terrorist fascist organization and a temporary (16 year) organization that fought for equal human rights.

"excuses" yeah you're finding excuses to justify in your mind a comparison between a centuries old terrorist fascist organization and a temporary (16 year) organization that fought for equal human rights.

I said they were both racist. They were. lol on fascism though. Godwined again.

Edit: This cycle of outrage is just really old. Someone does/says something, someone gets outraged, outrage goes viral, outrage at the outrage goes viral. Outrage forgotten with the next new outrage gone viral.

Last edited: