The News Thread

Oh look, TB is back and has mirrored Omni's gracious posting style. Don't really care, but you said you'd vote for him if he wins the nomination, so I would consider that liking.

Don't ever offend me again with such comparisons, lol. Jpokes aside, this is the main reason i almost never respond to you. Either you're trolling me by constantly making me repeat myself, or just plain ole dumb as a bag of hammers.

but you said you'd vote for him if he wins the nomination, so I would consider that liking.

I said i would vote for ANYONE that wins the Republican nomination. Even Trump ... no chance of him winning though.

Reactions: CiG
Any Trump supporters here willing to put their money(or beers) where their mouth is? I'm willing to bet with anyone that thinks he's going to win the nomination.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN0VR00X

Donald Trump has taken a more than 20-point lead over U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas in the Republican race for the presidential nomination, bolstering his position ahead of the party's primary in South Carolina on Saturday, according to a national Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Among Republicans, Trump, a billionaire businessman, drew 40 percent support in the poll conducted from Saturday to Wednesday, compared with 17 percent for Cruz, 11 percent for U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, 10 percent for retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, and 8 percent for former Florida Governor Jeb Bush.

The results contrasted with those of a national poll conducted this week by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal that showed Trump dropping into a national dead heat with Cruz in the race for the Republican nomination for the Nov. 8 election to succeed Democratic President Barack Obama.

I don't put money on anything other than blackjack and poker, but acting like you have some sort of secret squirrel knowledge is absurd.

Secret knowledge? :lol: Are you kidding me? Maybe you should stop listening to CNN and the rest of the herd. Just about every expert has explained(which i have posted here numerous times) why he has just about no chance of winning. There are still 6 people still in the race, he has the highest "will not vote for" numbers amongst the voters... which basically equals him not winning. Its just plain and simple math brah.

You can keep posting those poll numbers, but talk to me when you're willing to make a bet on it.

Last edited:
I'm for Trump but Cruz is ok in my book. Agree with TB, any republican over any democrat. The latter will wreck the fucking country!

... so you failed to take the "6 candidates are still in the race" part into the equation?I don't honestly need to break this down for you again, do i? The voters have made cleat that as each candidate drops out, their votes will go elsewhere... that is basically what then numbers im talking about represent.

Last edited:
Yes, postmodernism to save the day :rolleyes:

Please. The only thing I have post-modernist opinions on are useless things like fashion and advertisements. Original intent is a joke, hence the elastic clause. I point to the 19th century specifically because original intent was invoked dishonestly then more frequently than in the 20th century.

Please. The only thing I have post-modernist opinions on are useless things like fashion and advertisements. Original intent is a joke, hence the elastic clause. I point to the 19th century specifically because original intent was invoked dishonestly then more frequently than in the 20th century.

There are two arguments that I am aware of against original intent: One misses the point the other isn't even wrong.

The voters have made cleat that as each candidate drops out, their votes will go elsewhere... that is basically what then numbers im talking about represent.

They better drop out really fast, and such wishy washy voters better find some conviction. Not exactly a slam dunk.