The News Thread

No republican candidate that won both NH and SC has lost the primaries. Fact. So if you are willing to bet not just me but history, sure I'll agree to bet a six pack. *rubs hands together in greedy anticipation*

1) Is college going to be free retroactively? Because how is that fair that I owe a ton of shit in student loans and other people get a free ride off of my tax money? Not only that, I'D be the one educating them as a college teacher. If college is free I better get loan forgiveness. And fucking reparations for income lost, I worked my ass off in college in addition to loans.

Quit your whining, some people went to a war zone for their free tuition :)

3) Not everyone can handle college, or needs a college degree to get through life. Free college would create a certain sort of expectation of passing like in K-12. We'd let more people through that don't deserve to get through. We'd have more perpetual students that never grow up. It just adds on to the layers of entitlement people already have. Etc.

It's crazy that you don't think society requires at least an associates/technical certificate to make some kind of money, consistently.

A six pack it is then. Try and send me some local stuff from out there. I'll send you some good stuff too, but there's just about no chance of me losing this.

There have been plenty of times when a candidate has won certain states but has not even come close to wining the actual nomination, which im pretty sure you already know. So that "history" doesnt really mean shit. If anything, "history" is clearly against Trump winning.

Quit your whining, some people went to a war zone for their free tuition :)

I'm ok with that being free.

It shouldn't be free for every asshole entitled kid fresh out of high school though. They need to be humbled and start making the transition to the real world. Or else it's just going to be high school 2.0. Then life will hit them as 2 tons of bricks instead of 1 and there will be more whining until we spend tax money to make that easier too. Or they will just go back to free school and never grow up like I said.

It's crazy that you don't think society requires at least an associates/technical certificate to make some kind of money, consistently.

There are plenty of jobs for people who can't handle college. Construction worker, cook, waiter, janitor, retail, forklift driver... maybe some technical certificate sure. But not a college degree.

And it cheapens other college degrees if we hand them out free.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
I'll reply to you in detail later cuz I'm at work, but because it'd be publicly funded =/= it's guaranteed to all or mandatory. It's the option and ability of furthering your education that won't put you in debt immediately that is the principle of the argument.

I think trade skills and technical degrees are underappreciated and underrated tbh. The current system basically discriminates against them by making student loans too readily available and promotes bullshit degrees that take you no where.

Also, construction isn't an industry for dummies man. Sure there are some morons working in construction whose calling in life is to lift heavy things but to be good at it you have to be smart and have certain skills. I have a few friends who work in construction that are very intelligent and never went to college, they just work their ass off and learned and took technical classes sponsored through their unions. Also, my dad worked his way up and is a project superintendent making over six figures and never graduated high school. So yeah, construction isn't a monkey job.

Also, construction isn't an industry for dummies man. Sure there are some morons working in construction whose calling in life is to lift heavy things but to be good at it you have to be smart and have certain skills. I have a few friends who work in construction that are very intelligent and never went to college ... So yeah, construction isn't a monkey job.

QFT!

A six pack it is then. Try and send me some local stuff from out there. I'll send you some good stuff too, but there's just about no chance of me losing this.

There have been plenty of times when a candidate has won certain states but has not even come close to wining the actual nomination, which im pretty sure you already know. So that "history" doesnt really mean shit. If anything, "history" is clearly against Trump winning.

We shall see! Muhhahshahah

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to college.

College should be free to those that deserve it. A students, vets, qualifying grad students, hard working GATE kids.

We don't need thousands of liberal arts and sociology majors graduating every semester. College should at its core be for STEM majors, future teachers, and only the Elite of other majors. None of these kids with no direction or goal scraping by with D's and C's. College is wasted on them from both my perspective and theirs.

Sure Construction takes some thought and skill, but you don't need a college degree to do it. I do respect it though, it's a necessary function for society. Far moreso than a liberal arts major. The ones who actually draw up the plans for construction projects are typically stem related majors anyway. Point is, it's a good job that doesn't require a degree.

The acceptable way to march for "free college":

1024px-US_Navy_101025-N-2143T-002_Sailors_and_Marines_assigned_to_Marine_Corps_Security_Force_Battalion_carry_their_battle_gear_on_a_seven-mile_march_as_p.jpg

Last edited:
Besides my assumption, my point still stands. Voting for anyone from your party over anyone from the other party is common.
If you're going to ban people from voting because they vote tribally I guess you're going to have to ban 99% of voters.

It is indeed common. But i wouldn't fall into that category(except this time:loco:) . I usually wont vote if i dont like any of the candidates, regardless of their affiliation. But i will gladly toss my blind vote to the Republicans this time because i just cant sit here and watch this country go down the toilet because of these shameless progressives who have hijacked the democratic party and poisoned our country. Another 4-8 years of them continuing to rapidly tilt this country to the left? no thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
They're the same shitheads that wrecked the economy.

That's such a simplistic take on the "Great Recession" there isn't even a good starting point. At the very least, it apparently must be pointed out that the Federal Reserve/the banking system is neither Republican nor Democrat. However, Goldman Sachs et al love them some Democrats - or really just whoever is in power/will probably be in power.

I think Rubio has a decent chance at the Republican nomination if all these other establishment guys would drop out and stop dividing that sector of the vote. If it ends up being Trump, I'm fine with that. He would be annihilated in a general election and it might result in the GOP getting a tombstone.

Reactions: King Richard
Lol at the democratic party "poisoning our country". I suppose if human rights and health care are considered poison that would be true. It's sad that have a political party that relies solely on their supporters being complete and utter morons to win elections.

I think Rubio has a decent chance at the Republican nomination if all these other establishment guys would drop out and stop dividing that sector of the vote. If it ends up being Trump, I'm fine with that. He would be annihilated in a general election and it might result in the GOP getting a tombstone.

It's a battle between Rubio and Cruz for second. I don't think that Rubio stands to gain many voters other than from Yeb and Kasich. Cruz would benefit more from Carson voters. From this vantage point at best they creep up into a 3 way tie with Trump.

It's amusing to see people continue to underestimate the Trump. Trump would beat Hillary, and would be down to the wire with Bernie.

Lol at the democratic party "poisoning our country". I suppose if human rights and health care are considered poison that would be true. It's sad that have a political party that relies solely on their supporters being complete and utter morons to win elections.

Calm down Donald.

Trump would not beat Hillary. He would not get any part of the centrist independent vote, and a lot of non retarded republicans would probably not vote at all. I think he's got a better shot at Bernie tbh.

Reactions: Baroque
What a lot of people ignore is that tuition is already free for a lot of students. If you go to a good public university and have financial need, you're likely going to get full tuition covered. The USA has a lot more undergraduates per capita than the lefty-favorite Germany does.

The military is one of the biggest welfare services we have btw, I don't see why people would support free college in that one case but not otherwise.