The News Thread

Are you saying Trump is actually a solid debater? :lol: Have you heard the man talk? It amazes me that someone so dumb is wowing so many people.

"Americas gonna be great again. You now why? Cuz of me. Im going to make it magnificent, extraordinary! I'm tremendous. " Ohhh shit, look at thoze debate skillz :lol:

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Trump is a pretty shitty debater. It's unfortunate he doesn't have a little more substance because I think most of his support is simply due to him being the anti-establishment/maverick candidate.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Also he bucks civility in debates, starts huge feuds, ridicules people in childish ways, never keeps his mouth shut, isn't afraid to crush a female which is invaluable as a draw in the PC age. These are all carefully planned tactics, Trump knows how to manipulate how he's perceived quite well and you're a fool if you don't see these things as debate skills.

Reactions: Dak
2re37yv.png

Hillary can barely handle Bernie, and the pundits and Huffposthivemind didn't think Trump would even make it out of Iowa. You guys are quite ignorant of Trump's political savvy. He's saying and doing what he needs to win primaries. When it comes to the GE, why won't he be able to take on the candidate that is distrusted significantly by her own party? Clinton is way to dirty.

Hillary can barely handle Bernie because she doesn't have much dirt on him and he plays nice. Trump on the other hand...lol.

I don't doubt they'd have some good knockout, drag out fights, but she'll tool him with all of her policy rhetoric and when he makes some dumb shit up about (insert every topic he's ever spoken about) she'll be able to counter with facts and stats. Not to mention, the campaigns and ads will become way more ruthless from Hillary. She's trying to persuade Bernie follows which means she's trying to mimic a lot of his tactics so she doesn't alienate herself at some point down the road because, when Dems come out in full force they usually win elections. The gloves will be off if Bernie loses and it's Hilldog vs Trumpster.

The only reason Trump has done so well in the Republican debates is because, quite literally, everyone on that stage is full of shit and makes everything up. Trump's the best bullshitter on that stage every debate, no doubt about it. He's quick and fiery, which is what a certain majority of Republicans confuse for actually knowing wtf he's doing and talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dak
He's quick and fiery, which is what a certain majority of Republicans confuse for actually knowing wtf he's doing and talking about.

That's pretty accurate. Kind of like the hook-line-sinker Democrat take on whoever promises the most unicorns and rainbows.

Hillary is an expert in deceit, I hope her and Trump go head to head.

She's been in the game too long, the rug isn't big enough anymore.

Reactions: CiG
What a lot of people ignore is that tuition is already free for a lot of students.

Bullshit. Proof?

If you go to a good public university and have financial need, you're likely going to get full tuition covered.

Bullshit again. Proof?

The USA has a lot more undergraduates per capita than the lefty-favorite Germany does.

lol wow, that is extremely misleading man. One example eh? What are the other countries that round out the top 10 or 15? The US is the exception, not the rule.

Bullshit. Proof?

Bullshit again. Proof?

Have you really never heard of the Pell and school top-up grants? My wife and I wouldn't have paid a dime in tuition even without the GI Bill.

Edit: I call them top-up grants but I don't think they are actually called that. I think they are officially called "Institutional Grants".

Last edited:
Of course I've heard of those programs. But my statement stands. There are a number of people who are able to go to school for "free", I won't deny that. But to say it's "a lot" is just not factually correct. Well, I guess depending on what your definition of a lot is.

Of course I've heard of those programs. But my statement stands. There are a number of people who are able to go to school for "free", I won't deny that. But to say it's "a lot" is just not factually correct. Well, I guess depending on what your definition of a lot is.

There's this thing called the interwebs:

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d14/tables/dt14_105.20.asp?current=yes
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/44448

2012 saw just under 18 million undergrads enrolled including both full and part timers. According to the CBO, 9.4 million, or over half of those students received federal financial aid in the form of a Pell Grant. Trying to pull up the institutional grants at every single university would probably need months of dedicated research, so I am not doing that. Regardless, I'd say over half is "a lot".

Reactions: CiG
There's this thing called the interwebs:

http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d14/tables/dt14_105.20.asp?current=yes
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/44448

2012 saw just under 18 million undergrads enrolled including both full and part timers. According to the CBO, 9.4 million, or over half of those students received federal financial aid in the form of a Pell Grant. Trying to pull up the institutional grants at every single university would probably need months of dedicated research, so I am not doing that. Regardless, I'd say over half is "a lot".

So, where's this large number of people who graduated from college for free? 5700 dollars a year in Pell grants won't keep people out of debt. A typical state university costs about 6k a semester full time. So....ill keep waiting I guess.