The News Thread

Who is that?

Stonewall Jackson. Confederate general, born in WV while it was still VA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Jackson

While WV fought for the north and he fought for the south, hes pretty widely regarded as a war hero here. There's a lot of shit named in his honor.

For what it's worth, his family still lives here and says they're fine with the statue being removed if it must be, but most people here want them and the repub governor has, at least for now, said they're staying.

Edit: Oh and pretty sure that particular statue has his final words at the bottom

"Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"

It's only natural that this new brand of en vogue extremism is going to filter out into music and entertainment just like the pearl-clutchers did in the mid 90's when they were steam rolling CD's in the middle of the street, and suing metal bands over suicides, and rappers for obscenities. You already can't watch an Emmy or Grammy awards show without a speech urging you to isolate other people and treat them like shit.

Reactions: CiG and Einherjar86
Not to rip on the poor and uneducated, but it's kinda simple- American TV ratings engines have determined that the 'Idiocracy' style of news centered around cringy behavior is far more entertaining, and ultimately far more lucrative than boring newscasts where nobody is screaming and beefing with each other. Poor and jobless people are their biggest target audience and watch far more TV on average than people with jobs. It's like the producers of Jerry Springer got handed control of the media. White trash (my family as a kid) never used to care about watching the news...with screaming and punching now they do!

Last edited:
It's only natural that this new brand of en vogue extremism is going to filter out into music and entertainment just like the pearl-clutchers did in the mid 90's when they were steam rolling CD's in the middle of the street, and suing metal bands over suicides, and rappers for obscenities. You already can't watch an Emmy or Grammy awards show without a speech urging you to isolate other people and treat them like shit.

Same thing happens with fringe beliefs and fringe genres too though, as the far-right ideology that seeped into metal and punk. There was an interesting article recently about how metal and punk labels became channels neo-fascist agendas by distributing merchandise and music through particular venues.

gender identity is pretty much solidified by the age people are going into kindergarten so i'd say its pretty appropriate to teach about

and no one is advocating for teaching elementary kids about sex, but them knowing about non-heteronormative sexualities isn't bad

"johnny likes other boys and thats ok" isn't going to do any harm
its going to teach people that its not okay to demean and other LGBT people at an early age and hopefully raise the next generation of children not to be bigots

teaching kids about cutting off dicks and sucking dicks and dicks in the ass...fucking degenerates!

i'm not saying it was a "johnny likes boys" book you idiot, lrn2read

both absolutely have a place as early as possible. teaching acceptance of people who aren't part of the cisnormative / heteronormative section of society is absolutely needed.

i'm not saying it was a "johnny likes boys" book you idiot, lrn2read

both absolutely have a place as early as possible. teaching acceptance of people who aren't part of the cisnormative / heteronormative section of society is absolutely needed.
learn to read? Are you an idiot? I complain about degenerate teachers reading books about "transforming" to our children and you respond with "johnny likes other boys and that's ok isn't going to do any harm". Maybe all that estrogen your taking is starting to get to your head.

Im about to go all mort here, but the cleansing of people like that teacher and yourself is what is truly needed.

edit: And im also kind of glad stuff like this is happening(oh and the teachers had to apologize btw). You guys disgust this country more and more by the day, and then wonder why you guys are hated more and more by the day.

i was saying that in response to your comment that sexuality shouldn't be taught in elementary school, nothing to do with the book on gender identity

6WV7B6Q.jpg