The News Thread

.... only if your mothers rancid twat was a sperm-dodger.

"i clearly know nothing about anything as is evident from my posts .... but The Ottoman Empire was a country brooooooooo. I have nothing for you so genociiiiiidddee". :lol:

And stop crying about cig. Did his abo dick leave a bad taste in your mouth?

saying Palestine wasn't a nation/country during the ottoman empire is like saying none of the other countries that were under ottoman rule weren't real countries. Oh hold on, thats exactly what you said. "The countries under ottoman empire werent countries, but the ottoman empire was the country itself" :lol: stupid fucking inbred.

"bbbuuuttbut the nation of Palestine was created in the 1988 amirite? :lol:

What is a "Palestinian"? Was there a nation of Palestine?

It doesn't make sense for you to call me inbred when you call me a mutt just as frequently, btw. Pick one and stick with it.

It doesn't make sense for you to call me inbred when you call me a mutt just as frequently, btw. Pick one and stick with it.

You have no heritage that would link you back to certain group of people, which makes you a mutt. And years of inbreeding in your family makes you an inbred. Look, you even said it yourself ...

:lol: you're a fucking inbred mut bro. dont kid yourself.

That's basically what I just said.

=============================================

What is a "Palestinian"?

:lol: thank you, we're done here. Take you Adderral influenced conversations elsewhere.

I didn't get it at the time but I understand now, thanks.

Still waiting for this mythical group of "Palestinians" to be defined. So many people, from Turks to Arabs to Mongols to Circassians to Western Europeans occupied that place just over the last 1000 years. There's no such thing as a Palestinian. It's basically an Islamic culture invented by Arabs to oppose Israel. I don't really care about who occupies Israel, if they want to do the crocodile tears thing then by all means they should, but we shouldn't kid ourselves and pretend they're a genuine ethnic group being forced out of a well-established homeland and nation.

I will say, however, that the formation of Israel was a violation of the integrity of the people that occupied it at that moment, and that Europeans should have given up their own land to create a Jewish state if they were so adamant about it. Ashkenazis, after all, are about as European as they are Middle-Eastern.

The Arabs that live there currently call themselves Palestinians to pretend they aren't immigrants.

Do Arabs still wear those slippers that sort of curl right up and around to a point at the toes with a bell on the point?

In the context of a well-established country existing in the Palestine prior to British and then Israeli occupation, it then makes one ask the question of the specific country Turkdodger was referring to. He still hasn't given an answer on that one. In most other contexts I would refer to the Ottoman Empire as an empire first, fair.

I'm not arguing that the Ottoman Empire was a country in the same way countries exist today. Obviously many things are different today. Not even CASSETTE was arguing that, though he appears to have changed his mind again; he previously said that an "Ottoman State", the country-bit, existed within the empire. I'd like to see him try to define that point again.

If all we're saying is that there are functional similarities, then I think that's fine. I'm not sure how exactly the disagreement began.

Where does "country" imply isolation? "Regional distinction" (your previous definition broad enough for me to find agreeable) does not necessitate that at all, and no definition of "country" refers to that.

I didn't mean that in any programmatic sense, as in a country that practices isolationist policies (which is why I said a country can still be non-isolationist). All I mean is that the definition of "country" implies that a country is an isolate region--isolate being an adjective here, not a verb, which basically just means something being separate. So I really only meant it as a synonym for distinction.

I didn't mean that in any programmatic sense, as in a country that practices isolationist policies (which is why I said a country can still be non-isolationist). All I mean is that the definition of "country" implies that a country is an isolate region--isolate being an adjective here, not a verb, which basically just means something being separate or set apart. So I really only meant it as a synonym for distinction.

But by that definition, an empire is still an "isolate region"; it still has borders that define the extent of its expansion, which separate it from other political entities.

That's true. I was just suggesting that "empire/imperialism" carries a different insinuation than "country/contra." One foregrounds its expansionist tendencies to control other territories, while the other foregrounds its distinction from other territories. When it comes to borders, the name for any region specifies that particular region; but whether we describe a region as an empire or a country carries different connotations.

Last edited:
And so where has the reading taken you?

That nobody has ever said, to my knowledge, what you've said. Nowhere in what I was reading did anybody ever mention The Ottoman Empire being a country.

Contiguous empires do exist, which are empires made up of territories that all share the same landmass, as opposed to colonial empires which is what The Ottoman Empire was.

So in that sense, a contiguous empire could also be a country because the empire is all on one landmass. Colonial empires cannot by definition be called a country, as far as I am lead to believe from what I've read.

I've never seen you this absolutely triggered and buttrammed.

You frequently make stupid arguments, back out pretending to concede a point or do more research, and then continue posting dumb reaction images and liking the posts of the people that agree with you. Spend less time reading about Kekistan and listening to Jordan Peterson podcasts and maybe you'll be able to formulate your own arguments.

tenor (5).gif

You're right, in Star Wars the Galactic Empire is also a country.

743.gif

I bet you liked that video, Abohontas.

That's true. I was just suggesting that "empire/imperialism" carries a different insinuation than "country/contra." One foregrounds its expansionist tendencies to control other territories, while the other foregrounds its distinction from other territories. When it comes to borders, the name for any region specifies that particular region; but whether we describe a region as an empire or a country carries different connotations.

We seem to more or less agree then.

That nobody has ever said, to my knowledge, what you've said. Nowhere in what I was reading did anybody ever mention The Ottoman Empire being a country.

Contiguous empires do exist, which are empires made up of territories that all share the same landmass, as opposed to colonial empires which is what The Ottoman Empire was.

So in that sense, a contiguous empire could also be a country because the empire is all on one landmass. Colonial empires cannot by definition be called a country, as far as I am lead to believe from what I've read.

I've never seen you this absolutely triggered and buttrammed.

Probably because it's unnecessary to, being that empires are countries, and being that it has "Empire" right in the name.

What in the hell does that mean and what difference does it make to begin with? Ottoman Palestine was contiguous with Ottoman Anatolia. Even if it wasn't, where are you finding that distinction made? Ulster isn't contiguous with Britain but is still considered a part of the UK proper.

Oh, and Wikipedia considers the Ottoman Empire to be a country.