The News Thread

I'm surprised you guys are this cool with the power given to citizens arrest

It's a power rarely used and still a relatively gimped power compared to, say, Castle Doctrine so I'm not sure why that would surprise you. Obviously it can be abused and potentially get Bad Guys(tm) out of a conviction, but so can a self-defense defense, an insanity defense, etc.

I think the jogger case is still unfolding and acknowledge the possibility of a bombshell to condemn the shooters, but from what else has already trickled out, the jogger seems to have dun goofed in more than one way.

I'm surprised you guys are this cool with the power given to citizens arrest

given the retards that live in this world the idea that two guys can roll up on you with guns drawn claiming they’re going to “hold you until police arrive” is fairly fucking scary.

the guy never had boots on, not sure where that nonsense came from. Not sure how you can claim self defense when you shoot some one three times either. I watched the video of him being killed. It’s someone fighting for their life and failing. I just don’t see how any of that was justified from the information given.

Reactions: rms
It's a power rarely used and still a relatively gimped power compared to, say, Castle Doctrine so I'm not sure why that would surprise you. Obviously it can be abused and potentially get Bad Guys(tm) out of a conviction, but so can a self-defense defense, an insanity defense, etc.

I think the jogger case is still unfolding and acknowledge the possibility of a bombshell to condemn the shooters, but from what else has already trickled out, the jogger seems to have dun goofed in more than one way.

You're giving the two dudes the power to identify a criminal, assess whether or not it's a felony and use lethal force to hold a supposed criminal. And then if the criminal resists, giving legal power to justify lethal self defense. To a fucking random idiotn on the street!

:rofl: Yeah, I thought it was April. My bad.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Not sure how you can claim self defense
um, it's pretty much self defense when someone reaches for your gun during an altercation/fight. How are you having trouble with this?

You also seem to be all over the fucking place on these gun issues man. One second you're saying you're cool with "people you know" killing others for calling them deadbeat dads(and then going on to later say "you cant assault someone for saying things you dont like"), or a security guard(who is not police) doing exactly what you said("with guns drawn claiming they’re going to “hold you until police arrive” is fairly fucking scary") .... but now all of a sudden you're worried and scared for some reason:err:

flip flopping hard as fuck

I also find it hilarious that some of you would imply that trying to get into a fist fight with someone who has a gun out is "fighting for your life". It's like you guys dont even live on this planet. Have you ever had a gun pulled out on you? never mind, i already know the answer to that.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/08/father-of-georgia-shooter-had-investigated-ahmaud-arbery/

McMichael, 64, a former Glynn County cop who worked as an investigator in the Brunswick DA’s office, helped prosecute Arbery in the past, Barnhill said.

When Arbery, 25, was in high school, he was sentenced to five years’ probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus, and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer, the paper reported.

In 2018, he was convicted of a probation violation after he was charged with shoplifting, according to court documents obtained by the outlet.
McMichael claimed to cops he recognized Arbery from surveillance video capturing a recent burglary in his mostly white neighborhood — and that he intended to make a citizen’s arrest, the paper reported.

um, it's pretty much self defense when someone reaches for your gun during an altercation/fight. How are you having trouble with this?

How is it not already self defense to reach for someone's gun when you're in a fight with them?

Establishing where self-defense begins in this situation is impossible. It's pretty amusing to watch all this effort to vindicate the "citizens" performing the "arrest." There's no reason for them to assume the authority to make the arrest, and there's no way it wasn't going to turn out tragic. They should have stayed home and watched Springer.

How is it not already self defense to reach for someone's gun when you're in a fight with them?
Lulz, you actually need to me to explain this? :lol: proves my point that some of you are indeed separated from reality.

They should have stayed home and watched Springer.
yeah, im totally confused when i keep pointing out that you're a racist :rolleyes:

from what we've seen/know so far. Dude already had his gun out(open carry is perfectly legal in Georgia) when they rolled up on him ----> aubrey started the fight/was the first to get physical -----> Aubrey tries to take away the dudes gun and gets shot. OHHMAAHHHGOOODDZ WHY DID DAT POOR MAN GET SHOT??? :lol: if you reach for anyone elses gun, you better expect to get shot.

Proves my point that you have no capacity for critical thinking or self-doubt.
oh the ironiez. I always get a good laugh when watching you try and dissect situations that are completely out of this world to you. But hey, the armchair is where you reside hahaha

You dont get to claim self defense after punching someone and trying to take their gun away. The fact that you need me to explain this says everything about you.

A confused broken record, apparently.
he shoulda stayed at home smoking crack and watching BET. amirite?

oh the ironiez. I always get a good laugh when watching you try and dissect situations that are completely out of this world to you. But hey, the armchair is where you reside hahaha

You're not the only one laughing bub.

You dont get to claim self defense after punching someone and trying to take their gun away. The fact that you need me to explain this says everything about you.

The fact that you need to say "The fact that you need me to explain this says everything about you" says everything about you. You can't stand the possibility that the world might not be what you think it is, so you have to cast those who disagree with you as insane. It's an effective self-preservation strategy.